Airline Choices

Highly, highly recommend the Business Class Phillip. It is worth every dollar, and jet lag is a thing of the past. In fact I used to try and get back from Africa on a Friday to have time to regroup and adjust. Now I just spend more time in Africa and get back whatever day works best, and still head to work the next day without issue. I am not one of those folks that does not worry about budget, but for my money(and 3 trips on Qatar Business Class), I will not be going back to normal fare class. Just my 2 cents from an old, fat hunter.
Very good points. I’ve just never had the chance to consider business as I’ve been on delta so much where I can buy a good used truck for what it costs! With BA, Qatar, and Emirates you can likely afford business class these days. I totally agree about the jet lag. I was fortunate and upgraded to business going to Cameroon this year and wow it was such a difference!
Have to count my pennies though.
Philip

Very good points. I’ve just never had the chance to consider business as I’ve been on delta so much where I can buy a good used truck for what it costs! With BA, Qatar, and Emirates you can likely afford business class these days. I totally agree about the jet lag. I was fortunate and upgraded to business going to Cameroon this year and wow it was such a difference!
Have to count my pennies though.
Philip

hahaha does it ever make a difference!!!! Fortunately for me, or unfortunately however you wanna look at it.... I travel for work like nuts. Nuts meaning 90-100 flights a year..... it sucks.... but one nice thing is it comes with a ton of status and points. I live in Canada so Air Canada is apart of the Star Alliance group which includes airlines all over the world. Ethiopian and SAA is on those, well maybe not SAA for much longer lol. But from Toronto I flew to London on Air Canada and down to Johan on SAA. Both were business.... and I don't know what anyone is talking about jet lag.... I landed and was ready to hunt lol. Mind you I drank myself to sleep and slept a solid 6 hours on first leg, then 10 hours on next. And this whole venture cost me 125,000 points which really is not a lot on the Aeroplan program.

But like you I could never justify spending 8-10k on that flight. I could literally go back to Africa again for that cost. Good thing I have like 580,000 points banked hahahah

I've done both JFK and ATL flights. ATL to JBRG much easier, both flight TSA (if transporting rifles). I'd wait a bit, expect Delta to add ATL to JBURG back to flights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GabrielleB

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg