Airfare rates

Delta, wheel's up in 6 days, Detroit-Atlanta-Joburg:
Comfort+ exit row seats DTW to ATL flights, 13E and F outbound, 10A and B exit row/bulkhead inbound.
Comfort+ bulkhead ATL to Joburg and back, 30A and B.
Purchased in October '23 for $2956 each, all inclusive.
Get 2 free checked bags in Comfort+, also free drinks (y)
I'm 6'4" and my son is 6'9", can't do cattle class
row 30 is great!

August 2024
Qatar Air
IAH -> DOH -> JNB
round trip economy+ for 2 people, 16D and 16E (bulkhead right behind 1st class) on all legs
4200 USD

fares were purchased last September as soon as the flights were published

1. AVL (Asheville) - ATL - JNB - PLZ R/T
2. Delta
3. Economy aka steerage. Aisle seat
4. $2534 including the Airlink flight to Port Elizabeth
5. May 30 - June 10, 2024

August 2024
Qatar Air
IAH -> DOH -> JNB
round trip economy+ for 2 people, 16D and 16E (bulkhead right behind 1st class) on all legs
4200 USD

fares were purchased last September as soon as the flights were published
Just FYI in economy , don’t count on those seats for “all” legs. In 2022, at least two of us were assigned center seats on the way back when we had aisle and window seats respectively on the way over. You’re only guaranteed a seat but maybe you’ll be lucky. Good luck and have fun on your hunt!

I bet you can sleep on planes too lol..
Man I wish I could. It would change my perspective. I like to get to Joberg and go sleep or try to anyway. Lots of guys go through Doha like you and love it. For the price I need to try it once as the business class is much more reasonable
If you have status with American or Miles you get higher allowances on bags in both numbers and weight. You can use miles on the ticket with both BA and Qatar. BA allows you to use systemwide upgrades as well.

$1036 for Prem economy the. Upgrades to business class … sub $2k for Prem economy and upgrade to Q-suite. Guaranteed premium economy and normally exit row bulkhead seats if you don’t do the business/qsuite upgrades. I’ll take the 4-5 hour layover at DOH go to the 1st Class Lounge and extra a$$ time

Last edited:
Just FYI in economy , don’t count on those seats for “all” legs. In 2022, at least two of us were assigned center seats on the way back when we had aisle and window seats respectively on the way over. You’re only guaranteed a seat but maybe you’ll be lucky. Good luck and have fun on your hunt!
Well, I paid for econ+, about an extra $500 each. Whether I get those exact seats...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudsonGold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe