AH Get Together In Nashville During Safari Club International (SCI) Convention 2023

For those desirous of some liquid insulation, Tennessee is home of some of the finest high-proof home-brewed elixir known to man. Moonshine and Moon-pies two of our finest products, y’all!

Aahh...to enjoy real southern hospitality that moon pie must be paired ( preferably with a bottle) with a Dr. Pepper.

And it's always 5 o'clock somewhere when moonshine is present.

Damn!, licensed micro (beer) breweries are the new norm! :D Drunk::E Rofl:

Just Gina, I'm an Er Nurse and Paramedic. I look forward to meeting you as well
My wife is a retired PACU/pre-op nurse. I think she will be happy that other nurses will be there. Now if you can convince her that she needs to come to Africa with me, I'll be eternally grateful.

My wife is a retired PACU/pre-op nurse. I think she will be happy that other nurses will be there. Now if you can convince her that she needs to come to Africa with me, I'll be eternally grateful.
@jpr9954

Hi! That’s awesome. I would be happy to visit with your wife and answer any questions she has. :)

Can anyone tell me the traditional “dress code” if any for the dinner/auction/entertainment for Friday and Saturday nights? My wife is asking and this is our first SCI convention

Can anyone tell me the traditional “dress code” if any for the dinner/auction/entertainment for Friday and Saturday nights? My wife is asking and this is our first SCI convention
On Saturday night, its a bit more formal vibe so most people dress up a bit. I will wear a sport coat, button down, black jeans, boots and black cowboy hat. Wife a dress and heels. But you will see everything from guys in flannel shirts to tuxedos. Women in pants/shirts to sparkly evening gowns. We usually split the difference. The other nights are a bit more casual but don’t wear camo! Lol.

Last edited:
On Saturday night, its a bit more formal vibe so most people dress up a bit. I will wear a sport coat, button down, black jeans, boots and black cowboy hat. Wife a dress and heels. But you will see everything from guys in flannel shirts to tuxedos. Women in pants/shirts to sparkly evening gowns. We usually split the difference. The other nights are a bit more casual but don’t wear camo! Lol.
Thank you @Scott CWO. @Backyardsniper in college our shooting team was invited to St. Andrews University in Scotland for a clay pigeon shoot followed by a formal banquet on the last night. The dress code was “wellies and tweed”.

@Scott CWO
Do you know about Wednesday or Thursday evenings? A board member for a local chapter said they are all formal. Split the difference on all nights?

5:30am here at Sky Harbor airport…..Nashville bound….looking forward to seeing everyone…

Please stop by and say hello to us @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS booth 3009

I don't know Scott...over the many years walking past the queues of people going into the evening dinners I have seen many people in camo tuxedos and suites.... :E Big Grin: ...and on all nights most were all dolled up....some better outfits than others I must confess though...:X3:

@Scott CWO
Do you know about Wednesday or Thursday evenings? A board member for a local chapter said they are all formal. Split the difference on all nights?
We will dress about the same on Wednesday and Thursday nights as we do on Saturday but like I said, you will see a bit of everything. Lean towards formal. The presenters and SCI officers up on the stage are in formal attire but the audience is a bit mixed. Some guys in suits, some in sport coats or a blazer, some just a button down shirt/slacks. Most women in dresses but not all.

I might still be on crutches so if y’all want to say hello, look for a cowboy gimping around accompanied by a blonde. Lol.

Last edited:
I don't know Scott...over the many years walking past the queues of people going into the evening dinners I have seen many people in camo tuxedos and suites.... :E Big Grin: ...and on all nights most were all dolled up....some better outfits than others I must confess though...:X3:
Well, maybe a camo tuxedo but not hunting or camo clothing like you will see some people wearing on the show floor or in the airport in JNB!! Gives me a chuckle to see hunters in airports in camo like a kudu might run by! Lol.

As for banquet tables, wife and I didn’t reserve a table so if any AH folks have a couple extra seats for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, let us know. Or if a group of us want to try to sit together, let us know as well.

We will dress about the same on Wednesday and Thursday nights as we do on Saturday but like I said, you will see a bit of everything. Lean towards formal. The presenters and SCI officers up on the stage are in formal attire but the audience is a bit mixed. Some guys in suits, some in sport coats or a blazer, some just a button down shirt/slacks. Most women in dresses but not all.

I might still be on crutches so if y’all want to say hello, look for a cowboy gimping around accompanied by a blonde. Lol.
@Scott CWO
Ok. Thanks! That is about how it goes at some of the local chapters we attend as well. I brought both formal and semi as I normally do. Will definitely be watching for you to say hello! It has been years since going to this. Last time Bob went was a bit too…back in Vegas one year. It will be good to see you and your wife!

As for banquet tables, wife and I didn’t reserve a table so if any AH folks have a couple extra seats for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, let us know. Or if a group of us want to try to sit together, let us know as well.
We only have tickets for Wednesday and Thursday nights. But just the two tickets, no table. I wish I'd have thought to organize a table of AH people.

So yea we will be looking to find seats also. Scott we'd love to sit together if it works out. There has to be unreserved tables so we need to claim one;)

We only have tickets for Wednesday and Thursday nights. But just the two tickets, no table. I wish I'd have thought to organize a table of AH people.

So yea we will be looking to find seats also. Scott we'd love to sit together if it works out. There has to be unreserved tables so we need to claim one;)
Okay sounds good. Yes, let’s grab one to share. We can keep in touch with texting. Whoever gets in the room first should grab a table.

I wont be able to make it as I dont have enough vacation time left and have to save for a hunt and a new rifle may be entering my life. @spike.t @Backyardsniper and @112Savage in terms of order of dress just go how you feel. Its not my fault I have my own crazy style. My good pal @Vanguard2279 shall be in attendance so if you want to take the piss out of me just tell him and he shall pass on the msg. I look forward to the pics and the stories.

Man I wish I was there with you all. And the chance to drink with @spike.t would be out of this world

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SelinaBerk

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg