A modernized 416

I don’t think it’s commonplace on the traditional European style safari guns but I will be running one on my modernized build.
I've been seeing bigger knobs showing up on newer European rifles, especially ones geared towards driven hunts. Seems like it would make sense on a DG rifle, a shorter bolt throw would be a cool development too.

For a modern 416 I’d reach out to Long Rifles Inc, Blue Mountain Precision, and West Texas Ordnance. Both LRI and Blue Noubtain can build a 416 using the ARC Mausingfield action if you want controlled round feed. WTO has an action that you can easily swap barrels without needing to use a vice.

There is a good chance that I will have LRI do the work as I have had them do stuff in the past and have always been happy. If I decide to go with CRF I will use an ARC action for sure, my only complaint with them is that all their rails have build in MOA that I don’t need for this rifle, I’m not sure if that’s even an actual problem or just in my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balule

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!