9.3x62 Optics

• Thread starter Deleted member 53080
  • Start date
I have the same Leupold VXR 1.25-4x20 scope on my Sako .375. Perfect for me too.

Thanks again for everyone’s input. I’m curious, does anyone have any experience with Kaps scopes?

I have three Karl Kaps scopes. A simple 4x36mm on a .375, a 1-4x22mm on my Merkel .450-400, and a 2.5-10x50mm on a Sauer 202 .308. All three have been reliable, have good adjustments, and seem good optically. They seem like a good value for the money. If I was to suggest an improvement, the field of view is not as "flat' as some higher priced scopes, and I prefer to use variable power scopes with second focal plane reticles, not first - I like the reticle size to remain constant. Besides that, I am satisfied with them.

I currently have a 2.5x10 Vortex Razor on the rifle I took on my 2018 safari. I was planning on some night hunts for small predators so I was looking for VERY good light gathering capabilities. I harvested several animals with that rifle smallest being a klipspringer and the largest a waterbuck and several small cats. My longest shot was just over 200. The scope gives a nice low power for use in the thick cover and enough power for a very accurrate shot placement out to 350.

I just purchased a Ruger African 9.3x62 and am experimenting with a RitonX7 1x8 but have only shot it on one range session (Before the covid19 messed up everyone’s schedules) so I haven't really tested the rifle/scope out enough to give an informed opinion.

You didn't give any parameters on what style hunting you plan on doing with it, if you can lay out that it will help the other members to help you tailor your options better. Like I want to hunt DG/plains game in thick cover with 100 being a long shot (1x4-8 or a red dot) White tails on a food plot (3x9 2.5-10) Elk, moose bear out to 250. You have a great cartridge to work with have fun with selecting the glass to meet your needs.

AZ- Could your Razor 2.5x10 be the 2-10x40 HD "LH" (Light Hunter)?
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-razor-hd-lh-2-10x40.html?vortex_reticle=837
No longer made, btw.

I'm considering mounting mine on a (GB purchased, but not yet received) CZ 550 American in 9.3x62. I like it on the range on steel from close in to 400, but a little concerned about the center dot on a black target. No illumination is a minor concern as well.

Weight is 15.5 OZ and the glass is as clear as anything I have, including NF.

Attachments

• Screenshot (655).png
    Screenshot (655).png
    519.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot (656).png
    Screenshot (656).png
    79.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot (657).png
    Screenshot (657).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot (658).png
    Screenshot (658).png
    52.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot (659).png
    Screenshot (659).png
    76.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot (660).png
    Screenshot (660).png
    54.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
@shootist~ you are correct, I wish it was still made but other manufacturers make ones in that same 2.5x10 range.

Has anyone purchased from Optics Trade out of Slovenia? I’m a little leery especially when ordering directly from overseas companies

Yes, I have purchased several mounts/rings and one Kaps scope from Optics trade. They seem like a good company.

Well I finally chose a scope. Currently waiting on a Noblex N5 1.2-6x24 illuminated
Please let us know what you think of that model after you have had a chance to give it it a try. I have never seen any model of the N5 in person and am curious.

Will do. Still waiting on the rifle as well. Coming from overseas and with everything going on it’s going to be a little while.

On my 98 mauser 9.3x62 I have a micro red dot backed up with XS ghost ring rear aperture. On my sauer 100 9.2x62 I have just an plane jane leupold vx freedom which is a cheaper leupold. But it's what I had on hand when I bought the rifle. I walk alot of cutover I guess you would call it jump shooting deer. I fell down twice last year on slick logs and bounced the rifle off of stumps and logs. After checking scope both times it was still zeroed exactly where I left it, so I gotta give that cheaper leupold some credit lol. The rifle shoots so dang good I'm planning on putting a nicer scope on it this year with a plex reticle which I prefer. Right now the reticle is the tri moa and that very light center cross hairs gets hard to see pretty quick in the evening. That's the only bad thing I can really say about that scope though.

I recently picked up a Noblex N5 2.4-12x50 to mount on a 1904 Portuguese in 7x57. That scope has only been to the range once but it tracked perfectly and has nice glass. Thus far it seems to be a a lot of scope for what I paid for it on sale at O***** Planet. The model I have has since been gone back up to the original price. Hopefully that 9.3x62 arrives soon as I would like to hear what you think of that 1,2-6x24 once you get it mounted and to the range.

DSC02683 (1).jpg

I think you should look for an optical rifle scope that suits your hunting style and shape rather than the caliber of your rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teedot

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's