9.3x57

IMG_9723.jpeg

Too bad you bought that and not a 35 Whalen. But I can help you if you want to try a Great cartridge…
JES ... has my Ruger Hawkeye... getting rebored to 35 whelen .... as we speak ....
I love the old skool stuff .... just like Quigley said ...... never said I didn't have a Whalen .... lol .... got Hawk Bullets too !!

Beautiful rifle jimmy! I like the extra work done to it like the 3 position safety.

Wyedoc gotgeous rifle as well. Spitting image of my husqvarna
Had to come back and look at your terrific rifle ... oh.... and thanks again for the nice words on mine ..... I use 200 grain Hawk Bullets with .30 jacket ..... wierd I haven't crony'd them yet .... gonna do that this week ..... it's on my list .... three deer so far with that rifle last year .... DRT !!!! ..... no recovery on any bullet .... but exit was size of quarter ..... broke off side shoulder on two of them .... she groups very nice cloverleaf's at 100yd's .... I got very lucky. Just wondering what bullet yall shoot ???

Thanks I've got 2 of those .... and a 146 in 9.3x62 ...... I'm 9.3 poor.

Was the 146 rechambered to 9.3x62? Because if it's factory and the barrel is marked "9.3x62" and it looks similar to the Model 146, then its probably a Model 246. The 246 is a fairly rare rifle and Husqvarna only made a few of them. The 146s were 98s and were only made in 9.3x57 as far as I know. The 46s were small ring 96s.

Yes ... mine was rechamered to 9.3x62 .... my GS stamped the x 62 .... I thought he did a great job ..... left all the factory wording on top of barrel. Bought the rifle a couple of decades ago from Simpsons.... was listed as model 146 .... 9.3x57 just chamber reamerd...... a nd again got very lucky..... had some old Nosler 232 grain Vulcans ..... and shoot wonderfull .... only one Bear trip .... but no luck ..... my pictures aren't the best ....

20240607_095547.jpg
20240607_095646.jpg
20240607_095655.jpg
20240607_095804.jpg
20240607_095712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I also have a 146 that I had rechambered to x62. Later on down the road, I ended up getting my hands on a beautiful 246 as well. They're great rifles... I see you also replaced the bolt sleeve and trigger it looks like?

Very nice! I also have a 146 that I had rechambered to x62. Later on down the road, I ended up getting my hands on a beautiful 246 as well. They're great rifles... I see you also replaced the bolt sleeve and trigger it looks like?
Yes sir ..... Timney trigger and I believe a Gentry 3 position wing saftey .... cock on open ...... here I'm just bragging .... Leupold fxII Big Bore Scope ..... with German # 4 Rectical ......

I have a Husky 146 made in Sweeden and a FN the same, both are 9,3x57 98 Mausers punched out to 9,3x62 for $125, each... 57 to 62 is a tad, could almost do that with my fingernail or pocket knife! :);)

The 9.3x57 is the European version of the 358 Win...Id opt to punch it out to a 9.3x62 the poor mans 375 H&H with a 286 gr at 2570 fps or more in my gun. That conversion is $50 give a take a $10..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hepili6569

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]