9.3x57

IMG_9723.jpeg

Too bad you bought that and not a 35 Whalen. But I can help you if you want to try a Great cartridge…
JES ... has my Ruger Hawkeye... getting rebored to 35 whelen .... as we speak ....
I love the old skool stuff .... just like Quigley said ...... never said I didn't have a Whalen .... lol .... got Hawk Bullets too !!

Beautiful rifle jimmy! I like the extra work done to it like the 3 position safety.

Wyedoc gotgeous rifle as well. Spitting image of my husqvarna
Had to come back and look at your terrific rifle ... oh.... and thanks again for the nice words on mine ..... I use 200 grain Hawk Bullets with .30 jacket ..... wierd I haven't crony'd them yet .... gonna do that this week ..... it's on my list .... three deer so far with that rifle last year .... DRT !!!! ..... no recovery on any bullet .... but exit was size of quarter ..... broke off side shoulder on two of them .... she groups very nice cloverleaf's at 100yd's .... I got very lucky. Just wondering what bullet yall shoot ???

Thanks I've got 2 of those .... and a 146 in 9.3x62 ...... I'm 9.3 poor.

Was the 146 rechambered to 9.3x62? Because if it's factory and the barrel is marked "9.3x62" and it looks similar to the Model 146, then its probably a Model 246. The 246 is a fairly rare rifle and Husqvarna only made a few of them. The 146s were 98s and were only made in 9.3x57 as far as I know. The 46s were small ring 96s.

Yes ... mine was rechamered to 9.3x62 .... my GS stamped the x 62 .... I thought he did a great job ..... left all the factory wording on top of barrel. Bought the rifle a couple of decades ago from Simpsons.... was listed as model 146 .... 9.3x57 just chamber reamerd...... a nd again got very lucky..... had some old Nosler 232 grain Vulcans ..... and shoot wonderfull .... only one Bear trip .... but no luck ..... my pictures aren't the best ....

20240607_095547.jpg
20240607_095646.jpg
20240607_095655.jpg
20240607_095804.jpg
20240607_095712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I also have a 146 that I had rechambered to x62. Later on down the road, I ended up getting my hands on a beautiful 246 as well. They're great rifles... I see you also replaced the bolt sleeve and trigger it looks like?

Very nice! I also have a 146 that I had rechambered to x62. Later on down the road, I ended up getting my hands on a beautiful 246 as well. They're great rifles... I see you also replaced the bolt sleeve and trigger it looks like?
Yes sir ..... Timney trigger and I believe a Gentry 3 position wing saftey .... cock on open ...... here I'm just bragging .... Leupold fxII Big Bore Scope ..... with German # 4 Rectical ......

I have a Husky 146 made in Sweeden and a FN the same, both are 9,3x57 98 Mausers punched out to 9,3x62 for $125, each... 57 to 62 is a tad, could almost do that with my fingernail or pocket knife! :);)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrankieLib

Latest profile posts

SRS 2024 wrote on kesha's profile.
Hi there
Please contact us on sharisaf@yahoo.com

We have buffalo available at very good prices.

Kind regards
SRS
SRS 2024 wrote on crossone's profile.
Hi there

Shangani River Safaris can offer you a Buffalo hunt.

Please email us on sharisaf@yahoo.com.
Thank you.
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.