700 Nitro Express Rimless

I suspect that I would have the same problem with the .700 as I had with my wildcat .577 VSRE: The recoil was not so much a jab as a push, but the push was irresistable, and forced me to step backward two steps with every shot. I found this characteristic unsuitable for the hunting field and the rifle, together with cases and reloading equipment, now resides with Buckstix.

I made the cases from .577 NE brass, with the rims removed and extraction grooves machined into the case heads. The cases were also shortened, and the profile altered to include a shoulder for headspace purposes, but the performance matched that of the .577 NE.

9.3X64 001 (2).jpg

The .577 VSRE is on the right, next to the .505 SRE. On the left is the .450 C&W, which is my rimmed version of the .450 Watts. I have a Krieghoff Teck O/U double rifle in that caliber. The bullet is a 570 grain Kynoch solid, which I used in the .505 SRE to take one rhino, three elephants and a
number of Cape buffalo.

pix 018 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Two 270 Wins, one 270 Weatherby, one 30-30, one 375 Weatherby, one 416 Rem, one 500 Jeffery.

A Springfield Pro in 45 ACP, A Springfield V16 in 45 Super, Ruger in 454 Casull

I'm gun poor.

Two 270 Wins, one 270 Weatherby, one 30-30, one 375 Weatherby, one 416 Rem, one 500 Jeffery.

A Springfield Pro in 45 ACP, A Springfield V16 in 45 Super, Ruger in 454 Casull

I'm gun poor.
"Beware the man with one gun...he probably knows how to use it." Jeff Cooper

There is no shame in being gun poor, only a poor marksman. And you sir, do not suffer from that at all.

Thank you kindly I would probably only have 3 guns if it weren't for my two sons. It's wonderful to hunt and shoot together.
Its not a bad thing to be gun poor. It's quite convenient to save all that time deciding what you're going to take and then trying to find the ammunition. :E Lol:

5D0B222F-9B68-41C5-8264-4625F242A423.jpeg
4EBFC0A6-81B4-491D-81D5-64CA883051BA.jpeg

I stopped back at the gun store and snapped a couple Pictures of the 700 Rimless cartridge for y’all. It is impressive a 30WCF and 22lr for comparison. Going in to get this picture caused me to buy a 1952 Winchester M70 22 Hornet!

View attachment 512591View attachment 512592

I stopped back at the gun store and snapped a couple Pictures of the 700 Rimless cartridge for y’all. It is impressive a 30WCF and 22lr for comparison. Going in to get this picture caused me to buy a 1952 Winchester M70 22 Hornet!
Not going to lie, that's massive and I'm glad I have no idea where this is and couldn't possibly afford it. Otherwise I'd be dumb enough ahem inclined to try it.

One thing I found cool was that it was properly head stamped!

I created an account here just to share a link to this rifle (probable this exact one, as it's mentioned that it is one of two) being fired in a YouTube video. Kentucky Ballistics is known for owning and shooting some of the biggest sporting rifles, including most of the Nitros, 416 Rigby, 577 Tyranasaur, and 4 bore. I found this forum doing a Google search of the caliber, and thought you all might be interested in seeing a 6'+, 260lb+ guy shoot it at various, non- conventional targets.

I am in no way affiliated with Kentucky Ballistics, I just love his content and thought you all might want to see somebody actually shoot this gun.

I created an account here just to share a link to this rifle (probable this exact one, as it's mentioned that it is one of two) being fired in a YouTube video. Kentucky Ballistics is known for owning and shooting some of the biggest sporting rifles, including most of the Nitros, 416 Rigby, 577 Tyranasaur, and 4 bore. I found this forum doing a Google search of the caliber, and thought you all might be interested in seeing a 6'+, 260lb+ guy shoot it at various, non- conventional targets.

I am in no way affiliated with Kentucky Ballistics, I just love his content and thought you all might want to see somebody actually shoot this gun.
@mradamwest84
That 700 50bmg is a toy mate have a look at the 950JDJ on you tube. You'll get a good laugh out of that.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelipaRoth

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles