700 Nitro Express Rimless

Is a 700 NE not a straight case?
The 700NE is a straight case but has a rim (flange) at the bottom as pictured here...
1673220037439.png

This thread is about the 700NE rimless meaning that it does not have a flange at the bottom, instead having a rebated rim (meaning smaller than the case diameter) similar to what is found on the 500J as opposed to the 505GIBBS that has a full rim. This rebating of the rim is done to allow the rim the extractor to grab the rim which may only be allowed to be so big because of the case size. This is a picture of the 700NE rimless.
1673219990880.png

I suppose "rimless" is technically not completely true, but when talking about cartridges a rimmed cartridge has a flange at the bottom of it to aid in extraction. In this case it would be like comparing a 38SPCL or 357MAG to a 9mmLUGER if that makes sense.

@BeeMaa you treed me.

I would like to see the actual ammo for this rig, I do not think it would have a rebate rim. The reason for this action is to run the 50 BMG brass which does not have a rebate. I'm assuming someone designed the round you have post for a small bolt face. Like a 500 Jeffrey, if I had to guess.

@BeeMaa you treed me.

I would like to see the actual ammo for this rig, I do not think it would have a rebate rim. The reason for this action is to run the 50 BMG brass which does not have a rebate. I'm assuming someone designed the round you have post for a small bolt face. Like a 500 Jeffrey, if I had to guess.
You are correct, it's not like I've seen the ammo. As such I'm subject to the search of Google and what it provides. In any case, it does not have a flange in the traditional sense of being a rimmed cartridge. The real information of whether it has a rebated rim or a rim the same diameter as the case may cost $13K. Or at the least an email to the seller for a picture of it.

Maybe @Bullthrower338 can help us out if he was able to sneak a peak at the ammo.

You are correct, it's not like I've seen the ammo. As such I'm subject to the search of Google and what it provides. In any case, it does not have a flange in the traditional sense of being a rimmed cartridge. The real information of whether it has a rebated rim or a rim the same diameter as the case may cost $13K. Or at the least an email to the seller for a picture of it.

Maybe @Bullthrower338 can help us out if he was able to sneak a peak at the ammo.
I'm in the same boat as you, looked and searched everywhere I know. Came up with the same image as you. Had to double check myself and look at a 50 BMG round.

100% agree it is a moot point. Don't thing any of us are hunting with it.

I’m going to try to go back to Africa this year. I have a two week trip planed for 24. I’ve spent about 20000 on guns in the last several plus a trip to Africa and I’m thinking about a double again. I have a wife so.

I love it! I know the original owner and he bought my 6.5pd 500 Jeffery from me (Grizzinator) He has quite a collection...
If it wasn't so big and rather bulky I would own it...price is reasonable !
I have a new light weight 600 almost done or else!
Photo below he sent me about 2 years ago..next to a 600 Overkill
Screenshot_20230108-230133_Gallery.jpg

If that won’t bark a squirrel I don’t know what would.
in deference to those unfamiliar with barking a squirrel, it involves shooting the branch the squirrel is on. Shooting close enough that a piece of wood is dislodged from the branch and kills the squirrel.
I would not recommend getting in line to have Dennis build another, fine as he is. I called and talked briefly with him about a build I sent him an action for a little over a year ago yesterday. He has well over 100 rifles in various stages of work at the moment. His description was it was a tsunami of work.
I guess this rifle would suit the same sort who would have it to match their 700 double.
I am pleased to see Cody with the rifle. That is as close as I need to be.
I wish I still had my .700HH Double!
Blasted a Wyoming Bison with it!
20181117_201852.jpg

I’m going to try to go back to Africa this year. I have a two week trip planed for 24. I’ve spent about 20000 on guns in the last several plus a trip to Africa and I’m thinking about a double again. I have a wife so.
Yes I have bought all the toys so for. Now time to plan a safari for 2024 or 25 and save some money. That might be my only Safari.
Krish

:ROFLMAO:one of the gun nuts at work asked me what the practicality of that rifle would be, I told him it is the same practicality as having an 18” penis, it would be fun to show off but you really couldn’t do much with it!

Well, John Holmes made a career out of having one. LMAO!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qingxiheliu698

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles