500 Jeffery Club

I've received correspondence from "one" domestic builder over the past 4 yrs that returned correspondence.

I'll try the Kynoch today. vs Norma 570 & 540 ?

why not, wth.

thumbnail (2).jpg

@Beck , etc.

That AHR is the finest Bolt I've ever known (I don't have a lot to compare by), however.
It was purchased 2nd hand, short in LOP, almost 10lbs, (underweight) but impeccably accurate, refined. @RR 314 can more so attest to Wayne's work.

The Sako, also 22" Barrel is 9lbs, ouch. I've only put 9 rounds before it was sidelined. It's also has a 14" LOP. "I'll find a stock comparison" It is incredibly handy. Really nice machine, others that actually worked with them would be a better judge.

This shows the size comparison between the Stocks,

comp.jpg

quite a difference

Last edited:
@Beck , etc.

That AHR is the finest Bolt I've ever known (I don't have a lot to compare by), however.
It was purchased 2nd hand, short in LOP, almost 10lbs, (underweight) but impeccably accurate, refined. @RR 314 can more so attest to Wayne's work.

The Sako, also 22" Barrel is 9lbs, ouch. I've only put 9 rounds before it was sidelined. It's also has a 14" LOP. "I'll find a stock comparison" It is incredibly handy. Really nice machine, others that actually worked with them would be a better judge.

View attachment 640522
quite a difference
Looking to sell the Sako?

The Sako 500 J is accurate, affordable and just a bit too light …However, it’s not too uncomfortable to shoot a half dozen rounds in a session.

The R8 PH in the photo is shown with her 416 REM Mag barrel. The 500J barrel is on order. I reckon it may be a bit more comfortable than the Sako.

I’m not sure that the term “comfortable “ is the best description. But it doesn’t hurt.

Attachments

• IMG_7266.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7265.jpeg
    IMG_7265.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 11
I like to use the word "sporty" lol Wayne at AHR worked on my 500 Jeffery. It's got his single stage match trigger, 3 position M70 type safety, and bolt straightened and filled. He also smoothed out the action a bit. It's getting an ebony forend and grip cap, when I get it back I'll post an updated picture.

@Beck , etc.

View attachment 640522
quite a difference
Those Sako 85 stocks are terrible for recoil absorption. That picture pretty much sums it up.

Jeffery thinks that rifle should weigh about 11 1/2 lbs. At that weight recoil is quite manageable.

I don’t find the recoil in my sako bad at all. It’s 9.5 lbs. I also have 2 505s, one is 9.5 lbs and the other is 11.6 lbs and both have more recoil than the 500j.

I don’t find the recoil in my sako bad at all. It’s 9.5 lbs. I also have 2 505s, one is 9.5 lbs and the other is 11.6 lbs and both have more recoil than the 500j.
Same ballistics but greater powder charge contributing to that increased recoil I assume?

Same ballistics but greater powder charge contributing to that increased recoil I assume?
The AHR is 10 lbs, per say. I've never experienced a ss trigger like his. Even, short in LOP, & a lot attest it's underweight, it's still refined to be manageable in recoil & accuracy.

The Sako: It took a year & a half to arrive, I gave up after a while, then it showed up!
The intent was to add a slip-on pad & work with it or shelve it for possible sale or keep it flawless for what it is. The sleeves are marked 20/21.

Thanks for asking foremost, I certainly may be interested in selling:
sako box.jpg

The AHR is 10 lbs, per say. I've never experienced a ss trigger like his. Even, short in LOP, & a lot attest it's underweight, it's still refined to be manageable in recoil & accuracy.

The Sako: It took a year & a half to arrive, I gave up after a while, then it showed up!
The intent was to add a slip-on pad & work with it or shelve it for possible sale or keep it flawless for what it is. The sleeves are marked 20/21.

Thanks for asking foremost, I certainly may be interested in selling:
View attachment 640547
I personally don't believe a 11.5lb's is necessary & understand "it's not for everyone". I lost over two years (laid up) w/o shooting. @Altitude sickness, etc. helped critique, which takes time & a lot of practice.

Lost a lot of strength, but ran the AHR anyway,
600grn @ 2100fps
Norma 570
Norma 540
Kynoch 535

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeticiaLun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!