500 Jeffery Club

Someplace in Nevada, my wife got it for me for my birthday. On a bbko2 action.

There's a 10lb 500 N.E. that has yet to be shot .. some say the same, ty
HBDay & Congrats! to one of the lucky ones

There's PH's here with 9.5lb Jeffery's that are surgeons with the damn thing.
It takes a lot of Practice, $$$ to become proficient & controlled.

Ridiculous video to some perhaps .. but it's 10lbs.

Time to join with my latest acquisition.

Built on a CZ 550 Magnum action with a 24.5" octagonal barrel weighing 10.5 lbs.

I’m normally not a fan of octagonal barrels but on this one it looks really nice.

It is built by the Danish gunsmith NP Nielsen but not per my request.

He built the rifle for his stock to be sold later on, but for some odd reason it was on his website for a long time without being sold even though the price was very reasonable.

Unfortunately, he has become seriously ill and cannot really work anymore so he is selling out of his stock.

I was offered the rifle to a ridiculously low price and I just couldn’t resist.

500J.jpg
500J-2.jpg
500J-3.jpg
500J-4.jpg
500J-5.jpg

Time to join with my latest acquisition.

Built on a CZ 550 Magnum action with a 24.5" octagonal barrel weighing 10.5 lbs.

I’m normally not a fan of octagonal barrels but on this one it looks really nice.

It is built by the Danish gunsmith NP Nielsen but not per my request.

He built the rifle for his stock to be sold later on, but for some odd reason it was on his website for a long time without being sold even though the price was very reasonable.

Unfortunately, he has become seriously ill and cannot really work anymore so he is selling out of his stock.

I was offered the rifle to a ridiculously low price and I just couldn’t resist.

View attachment 548439View attachment 548440View attachment 548441View attachment 548442View attachment 548443
Awesome!
Like you, I could say there's "certain particulars I don't prefer", ie. engravings, case color, whatever. But the finished project: I don't discredit anything.
Magnificent, Congrats!

It's quite amazing isn't it. I love it.
Regardless of price point, Sako, CZ, to Customs & the Unobtainable (to me at least)
That Cartridge left an impression on me.

Great thread, Group & Shared Stories along the way.
Thank you AH.

Last edited:
I have a Sako 85. It is a staggered mag. Mine holds 3 down, I use leupold QD rings and I did not have trouble with ejection issues, but I think I went with medium, or high, I will double check. I ended up putting a trijicon RMR on it. They made a base that fits the Sako scope mount. I killed a deer at 110yds with the RMR. It is a great handling rifle. The only issue is the size of the mag box if you want to run longer bullets. OAL of 3.550 is all you got. Not an issue with any bullets except maybe Barnes TSX 570's. I am going to shoot mine some this afternoon. I will post some pics here later todayView attachment 506166View attachment 506167View attachment 506168
Can you tell me which model of Trijicon you're using?

Can you tell me which model of Trijicon you're using?
Yep, it's the RMR with 1MOA dot. It is currently on my double. So far it has claimed 1 elephant, 1 buff, 1 impala, and 5 whitetail. I will get you the exact model number. After a couple years of running this I will say I HIGHLY recommend the trijicon.

Yep, it's the RMR with 1MOA dot. It is currently on my double. So far it has claimed 1 elephant, 1 buff, 1 impala, and 5 whitetail. I will get you the exact model number. After a couple years of running this I will say I HIGHLY recommend the trijicon.
Thanks, going to put one on my .450 Rigby Sako Brown Bear

Attachments

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatlynRegi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?