.470 Capstick

Personal note: I'll be running a 458 Lott as a parallel build along side of the 470 Capstick. Just in case sh*t happens along the way.

That's great! What a wonderful opportunity to compare them side by side! If you dont mind please let us know of any nuances that you discover relating to the cartridges or the build process. As an aside, if I get the chance I think I would build the 470 on the Brno action as my other projects are on that frame.

Hope to see pictures during the build process!

This is several years old but did the 470 Capstick project ever come together on the 1917? I’d be interested in what happened if like to possibly have one built sometime just trying to learn of it

I finished this build a year or so ago. It is on a BRNO 602 action. It is a great shooter. 500 grains at 2300 fps will get your attention.
20240102_105359.jpg

I love that thing some awesome wood and I just love a Mauser, if you ever decide to sell it let me know. I spoke to a smith today about Reboring work on rifles into 470 capstick but he told me in the future he will tool up to do .474-475 caliber but he isn’t ready for it now. He’d like to take a .458 win mag and just bore it to 475 I’d be game for it but really there probably isn’t a gain just a little
Bigger hole.

This was a pacnor .475 barrel. Thanks I'll keep it for now. I have a .500 Jeffery and a .500 NE so it doesn't really fill a need but it turned out so nice I want to keep it and take a buffalo with it.

I understand for sure it’s a beautiful rifle tho I’ve become obsessed with big rifles tho I can dream on them for sure I do have a 458 Lott and a 375 Ruger plan to add some more

Howdy - I bought a left-handed Winchester model 70 470 capstick a number of years ago off gun broker. Haven’t shot it yet but was able to find quite a bit of ammo out of California when they were liquidating the Jeffrey Lash ordeal. I should really shoot it. Happy New year! Ham

Last edited:
Awesome if a guy wanted to buy a rifle a 470 capstick how much would they run for a decent Mauser would it be less than a cz550 price

Not sure what a CZ 550 goes for these days. Your best bet is to buy a Model 70 in 375 H&H and have it rebarreled. Or find one of the M70 Big Five in 470 Capstick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatlynRegi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?