.458 Lott recoil is no joke

The difference between my wife and my .458 is I can govern when the .458 goes off! If only the rifle could keep me warm at night... :E Laugh:
@Forrest Halley
My dad used to say guns and women were exactly the same.
If you squeeze a guns trigger at the wrong time you end up I'm the shit. If you squeeze a woman at the wrong time same result you end up in the shit.
BUT you can get a good bang out of both.
As you say at least you can control when and how a gun goes off but with a woman it's like playing with a dangerous overload at times. Very explosive and uncontrolled and can be injurious to your person.
Fortunately mine has a long fuse.
Bob

To be honest I think you picked the wrong rifle for a big bore. Ruger No 1s are kinda notorious for felt recoil. I think one in 257 Roberts would be sooo cool though.

To be honest I think you picked the wrong rifle for a big bore. Ruger No 1s are kinda notorious for felt recoil. I think one in 257 Roberts would be sooo cool though.
@colorado
A 257 Roberts anything is cool.
Loaded with a 100gn TTSX at 3,200fps makes a fine and dandy round. Even 117grain SST work well at 3,000fps.
The 257 Roberts is everything the 243 wanted to be but never will be. A great dual purpose cartridge.
Bob

@colorado
A 257 Roberts anything is cool.
Loaded with a 100gn TTSX at 3,200fps makes a fine and dandy round. Even 117grain SST work well at 3,000fps.
The 257 Roberts is everything the 243 wanted to be but never will be. A great dual purpose cartridge.
Bob
Imagine that...Bob strolling in to give us all a yarn about a quarter bore...we were talking about recoil...but no...now it's off to the races on some 6.35mm madness. I quite like the .243 it's everything a .223 isn't and can kill deer...wonder if I'll get the chance this year. I'll probably be more interested in carrying a boomer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonoreMos

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well