416 help

Does the suppressor make the gun to long for hunting cape
Depends where you hunt. It’s not legal in all countries either. A buffalo hunt in an open area like the free state probably won’t matter much but if it’s thick brush in Limpopo and the outfitter gives a true tracking hunt it’s the last thing I’d want. A sling makes things difficult enough at times when it constantly hangs up. The answer to your question is generally yes.

Depends where you hunt. It’s not legal in all countries either. A buffalo hunt in an open area like the free state probably won’t matter much but if it’s thick brush in Limpopo and the outfitter gives a true tracking hunt it’s the last thing I’d want. A sling makes things difficult enough at times when it constantly hangs up. The answer to your question is generally yes.

I have a .338 Win Mag with a 26” barrel and a compensator added to that. Probably about 28” overall.

One of my big reasons for getting a .375 Ruger was because of the shorter, 20”, barrel. When you’re in the alders, or any brush really, the shorter barrel is a very welcome feature.

I have a .338 Win Mag with a 26” barrel and a compensator added to that. Probably about 28” overall.

One of my big reasons for getting a .375 Ruger was because of the shorter, 20”, barrel. When you’re in the alders, or any brush really, the shorter barrel is a very welcome feature.
I didn’t know it until I carried rifle on a hunt but rifles with barrel band for sling are really helpful too. It lets the barrel stick out a lot shorter distance from your shoulder when it’s slung.

@Ryanelson I had the barrel of my .375H&H threaded. Now when I go to the range I use a muzzle brake, when I head out to hunt I take off the muzzle brake and put on a thread protector. Makes range time so much more pleasurable and I never feel recoil when shooting at an animal.

@Ryanelson I had the barrel of my .375H&H threaded. Now when I go to the range I use a muzzle brake, when I head out to hunt I take off the muzzle brake and put on a thread protector. Makes range time so much more pleasurable and I never feel recoil when shooting at an animal.
Ditto, and thanks for the comment.I fully support your approach.

.404 J controlled feed properly weighted rifle, kick-eez recoil pad NECG sights. If scope wanted 1X4,6 or 8. .400grn.

Lol

How about a Winchester Model 70 Safari Express in .416 Remington Magnum if you can still find one ?

Don't let them talk you out of a brake, I have a very bad neck and must use brakes on my heavy rifles. I put one on a Kimber Caprivi 416 Rem and I absolutely love it, very pleasant to shoot, it shoots sub ½ moa , I have a Leupold 1x6 Patrol on it , the reticle has hold over marks and , lines up perfectly at 100, 200, and leaves me 2 ½ inches high at 300 yards. I also have a 375 H&H M 70, but I see no need for it anymore as the 416 has more punch and is extremely accurate out to any distance I care to shoot game at. I love using this rifle and will also be taking it to Canada for moose and using it on deer at home this fall, after using it on elephant in August this year. I also intend on helping a few coyotes die with enthusiasm this fall . I carry it with me on my morning walks and disintegrate some rocks just for the fun of it.

I bought two sets of Ear Pro electronic hearing protectors for my PH and crew, they were very appreciative and no one had any ill feelings about me using a brake and the Ear pros increased our ability to hear things. Even without a brake you should wear ear protection, our you may end up half deaf like me, I think a person is subjecting himself to unneccesarry abuse by not using one, and as time goes on I am sure there use will be more common. When scopes first started to show on the scene a
lot of guys down talked them for various reasons, but nowadays they are the norm. Just like power steering on vehicles, at first it was shunned but now you would be hard pressed to buy a new vehicle without it. Just takes time for people to accept change sometimes

I didn’t know it until I carried rifle on a hunt but rifles with barrel band for sling are really helpful too. It lets the barrel stick out a lot shorter distance from your shoulder when it’s slung.
It’s not when it’s slung that barrel length is a problem.

It’s when you are crawling through the alders after a wounded Yogi. If I can get the level of bullet performance I desire in a shorter barrel why would I not take advantage of that?

The Marines learned the advantage of the shorter barrel in house to house fighting. Hence it’s why they don’t carry the 20” barrel on their rifles anymore. It’s easier to use a shorter barrel in unconfined space than a longer barrel in confined space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeliaF8887

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles