.404 Jeffery - a long awaited call...

FlowHamed18

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I still can't believe it, but my gunsmith gave me a call today.

The new built .404 Jeffery seems to be ready for our first date tomorrow...

The Barnes TSX bullets also arrived today, so it hopefully won't take long to test out the new beauty.
I guess her name will be "Helena", just because all special rifles deserve some extra affection :)

And yes of course I will add some pictures tomorrow evening :cool:

I still can't believe it, but my gunsmith gave me a call today.

The new built .404 Jeffery seems to be ready for our first date tomorrow...

The Barnes TSX bullets also arrived today, so it hopefully won't take long to test out the new beauty.
I guess her name will be "Helena", just because all special rifles deserve some extra affection :)

And yes of course I will add some pictures tomorrow evening :cool:
Nice...but I doubt someone I know would agree with the name....his ex...and didn't take prisoners......

I am sure that you will love the caliber like we do. We have a new Learner Appy who just completed his first hunt with us. I have loaned him my old original Jeffery .404J he might as well start out with a decent rifle and caliber.

20220708_142333.jpg
20220708_142215.jpg
20220708_142312.jpg
20220708_142205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the nice new addition!

Congratulations.

Great choice of cartridges. Nice looking rifle. Enjoy!

We’ll done sir! Helena is a looker…and the caliber is a great choice. Now, off to the fields with ya both and share the stories!

Congratulations on a fine rifle sir!

Thanks guys :)

Could you please help me out with your experience regarding the right scope...

Probably I would go for a 1,6 - 8 x 42 to enlarge the capabilities in sense of hunting some of the bigger PG and DG with one rifle/scope...

With this rifle, what would be the longest shot attempted? No sense in getting too much magnification, tube diameter, and weight.

I have a Leupold VX3 1.5-5X (1" tube, 13 oz. weight) on my .404J and a Leupold VX6HD 1-6X on my .375 H&H because the longest shots will likely be at 200ish yards. I have many other scopes I could use on these rifles, but more magnification is probably not needed. I set variables at 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 power and don't change settings unless distance indicates and time allows.

Thanks guys :)

Could you please help me out with your experience regarding the right scope...

Probably I would go for a 1,6 - 8 x 42 to enlarge the capabilities in sense of hunting some of the bigger PG and DG with one rifle/scope...
How about Swarovski Z8i 1-8x24? It should be more than sufficient for most hunting applications. Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 should be a good option as well.

Red dot reflex

I would either go for a red dot reflex or either for a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwayneShus

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?