375 point of impact different bullet weights

I was at the range yesterday working with a 375 for an upcoming moose hunt. This particular gun likes heavy bullets (300's).

Zeroes at 200, shot to confirm at both 300 and 100.

After a lot of work, I was simply not comfortable at 300 with the scope at max magnification and no type of hold over reticle.

I would caution that changing bullet weights may/may not mean simply moving elevation. There can certainly be windage adjustments needed as well.

There is no way I would consider two different bullet weights unless I got lucky and they shot to the same POI.

KISS. The last thing you want going through your mind as you are setting up a shot is "I wonder if I have the correct zero dialed in"

Even though I personally never use any bullet weight other than 300Gr for .375 Holland & Holland Magnum, the 270Gr Barnes TSX will suit your needs very well for both Cape buffalo and hippopotamus.

To answer your orginal question. I reload the 260 Nosler Part. for my 375 using Re15. I also reload 300 gr Nosler Part. Using IMR 4350.
With a 2” high poi on the 260s my 300s poi is 4”+ low at 100. in my rifle.

To answer your orginal question. I reload the 260 Nosler Part. for my 375 using Re15. I also reload 300 gr Nosler Part. Using IMR 4350.
With a 2” high poi on the 260s my 300s poi is 4”+ low at 100. in my rifle.
Thank you. I was starting to regret making this thread. That answers my question. It’s unfortunately no different than the 250 gr Barnes compared to the 300 gr swifts. I won’t be buying a box to try now. Thanks for saving me a few dollars.

I was at the range yesterday working with a 375 for an upcoming moose hunt. This particular gun likes heavy bullets (300's).

Zeroes at 200, shot to confirm at both 300 and 100.

After a lot of work, I was simply not comfortable at 300 with the scope at max magnification and no type of hold over reticle.

I would caution that changing bullet weights may/may not mean simply moving elevation. There can certainly be windage adjustments needed as well.

There is no way I would consider two different bullet weights unless I got lucky and they shot to the same POI.

KISS. The last thing you want going through your mind as you are setting up a shot is "I wonder if I have the correct zero dialed in"
My 375 seems very forgiving. I’ve shot a lot of different rounds through it and surprisingly no left right adjustments with any 300 gr soft or 250 gr TTSX. Woodleigh hydro solids do go left hard for whatever reason although appear perfectly centered at 50 yards. Here are 6 different 300 gr bullets. This includes one very questionable box of federal 300 gr TBBC I bought from a classified ad. I need to run them through a chronograph because they shoot so low. That’s actually what caused me to shoot all these compare.
IMG_5881.jpeg

Just sight it in for the 260 accubonds when you get to new area? Might just spend an extra 15 mins shooting at the box. Not just the usual one shot check and go.

Just an idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloyCowles

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]