375 h&h long range accuracy?

The cartridge is absolutely capable. This might open a can of worms but I’ve never seen a Ruger that shot as well as you’d want for a 200 yard + shot on critters that size.
I have been hunting with Ruger rifles since the very early 1970s along with other makes and have never found them to be problematic in any way. Accuracy has certainly not been a problem for me.

No offense Mr Rado but I don't believe there is such a thing as a good case for a 6.5 needmore except maybe paper targets.

I was reading/running our moving moose target last week and noticed some very small holes. Yup, a 6,5 Creedmoor has landed in our moose club,too.

It's been marketed better than any other caliber ever. I see people buying it for our moose hunt where shots are typically under 50 yds, what are they thinking?

Yes it became moose and brown bear (!!!) legal here in Finland ... when monometals came the energy requirements dropped... but does being legal make it good for those animals?

I guess the worlwide sniper-wannabeness is showing here. Yes 6,5 CM is very good for long range paper and varmints but... there are proper big game short range calibers!

Like 375 H&H that can be stretched out if needed. Ugh!

It's been marketed better than any other caliber ever. I see people buying it for our moose hunt where shots are typically under 50 yds, what are they thinking?

I know that 6.5x55 is Swedish traditional caliber for moose. And 6.5 CM is its ballistic twin.
Plus add the marketing to Nordic hunting culture and there you have it.

That being said, my choice for moose would be 9.3x62 or 375 H&H.

I know that 6.5x55 is Swedish traditional caliber for moose. And 6.5 CM is its ballistic twin.
Plus add the marketing to Nordic hunting culture and there you have it.

That being said, my choice for moose would be 9.3x62 or 375 H&H.
Yes but... 6,5x55 was popular because it was a military caliber in countries like Sweden and Norway -and there was nothing else easily and cheaply available.

And in Finland,for example,you could legally own only one rifle and one shotgun. The rifle took everything from varmints to birds to moose. So 6,5, 7,62x53R and 308 got popular. Lots of milsurp.

And in Finland,for example,you could legally own only one rifle and one shotgun.

Is this still the case? Or you guys could have additional firearms?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruben Gouws

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa