350gr swift A frames

I have shot 450 TSX out of my 458Lott, a 350 would be in the upper 2500 to low 2600.

Having used the AFrame line, I would ask Swift what their thoughts are. If they will open up at that speed, you should not have many problems. Just be aware, the 350s will not have a hi SD. Something to consider.

I have shot 450 TSX out of my 458Lott, a 350 would be in the upper 2500 to low 2600.

Having used the AFrame line, I would ask Swift what their thoughts are. If they will open up at that speed, you should not have many problems. Just be aware, the 350s will not have a hi SD. Something to consider.
True. Not a thick skinned DG bullet but that is what Swift’s factory 45-70 load is loaded with so it should perform well. Different design than the standard a frame

No, but it should be a heck of a short range, <150yd, PG bullet. I’ve used the 350gr Hornady on deer and hogs: devastating. I worked up a load for a 350gr Barnes TSX, but testing didn’t show good expansion. Velocity was ~2100fps from a Ruger #3. Used H4198.

This is one I recovered in water jugs. At 50yds it went through 7 1gal milk jugs full of water, only lost 1gr. I feel like it would make a decent DG bullet, certainly wouldn't be the worst choice

20220406_141457.jpg
20220406_141459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one I recovered in water jugs. At 50yds it went through 7 1gal milk jugs full of water, only lost 1gr. I feel like it would make a decent DG bullet, certainly wouldn't be the worst choice

View attachment 494332View attachment 494333
Something to consider, in testing 300 BLK Hornady Sub X for expansion, I found that 2 liter soda bottles were better at stopping bullets than milk jugs. Five milk jugs through and through was stopped in four 2 liter bottles.

I shoot 350 grain .458 bullets in a couple of my rifles and they killed all they hit.
These were North Fork bullets and none were recovered - all shoot throughs.
I do not waste NF bullets on milk jugs and such.

i have not used the 350 swifts, i suspect they will work just fine tho. is it a flat point? i used the kodiak bullet company's 350 gr bonded at 2150 fps. i suspect they would kill anything i wanted to shoot with a soft. as @crs noted, north fork bullets are awesome as well.

1Dirthawker,
+1 on the Kodiak bullets. Our bullet testing team used them & NF in Africa -- both 450 grain solids shot through ele heads and into body -- DRT! Soft points were good on Cape buff.

i have not used the 350 swifts, i suspect they will work just fine tho. is it a flat point? i used the kodiak bullet company's 350 gr bonded at 2150 fps. i suspect they would kill anything i wanted to shoot with a soft. as @crs noted, north fork bullets are awesome as well.
They are a flat point

as stated before, i suspect they will work just fine. was merely concerned about magazine issues, (detonation)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richardsar

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?