30-06 or 375 h&h for a leopards

Yes it's an 315. Let me ask about the specific 375 or an original un cropped photo.
No worries, Bapu. Didn't Uttar Akhand based living legend leopard hunter, Mr. Lakhawat Rawat Singh use an IOF .315 bore to successfully dispatch 52 man eating leopards ? I am a big fan of the gentleman's exploits. But he seems to have disappeared in recent years.

I think it uses a 244Gr bullet at roughly 2000 FPS. Nawab Shafath Ali Khan recently told me that Indian Ordinance Factories improved the bullet construction to ensure more reliable expansion.

On the leopard photograph, the damage wound patterns are indicative of the pre 1968 copper/nickel/zinc jacketed 300Gr Winchester Super Speed Silver Tip. That's probably what your friend used. They were really good for the great cats before Winchester switched to aluminum jackets on their Silver Tip bullets.

Last edited:
Gentleman the 375 is behind the hunter who's holding the 315. You could very clearly see the bolt . Looks like a model 70 to me.
Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG-20241009-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20241009-WA0027.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 7
Gentleman the 375 is behind the hunter who's holding the 315. You could very clearly see the bolt . Looks like a model 70 to me.
Cheers.
Hey, it really is Lakhawat Rawat Singh. Imagine the coincidence. I was just asking you about him.

No worries, Bapu. Didn't Uttar Akhand based living legend leopard hunter, Mr. Lakhawat Rawat Singh use an IOF .315 bore to successfully dispatch 52 man eating leopards ? I am a big fan of the gentleman's exploits. But he seems to have disappeared in recent years.

I think it uses a 244Gr bullet at roughly 2000 FPS. Nawab Shafath Ali Khan recently told me that Indian Ordinance Factories improved the bullet construction to ensure more reliable expansion.

On the leopard photograph, the damage wound patterns are indicative of the pre 1968 copper/nickel/zinc jacketed 300Gr Winchester Super Speed Silver Tip. That's probably what your friend used. They were really good for the great cats before Wimc switched to aluminum jackets on their Silver Tip bullets.
Dear Habibsaheb,
In the photo which I have posted now it's Mr.Lakhpat Singh Rawat himself and he narrated the story to me . He has shot 55 till now and the most interesting thing about him is he was not a hardcore hunter as I would say it all came over a period of time as he gained experience. And a gentleman to the core. Unfortunately not he's having some issues with his eyesight. But can still shot very well.
I do agree to you looks like silvertip but Mr.Lakhpat doesn't remember.
Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mymobilityscooters0652

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.