2 Gun Combo

Two shotguns, neither of which is all that waterfowl capable, and still no .22lr? Don't be so hard on yourself--you need more! (just like me)
I'm very unlikely to ever actually end up in this position. Just making the point that I don't believe I'd be lacking (for the hunting that I do) if I did. You're certainly right, everyone needs a 22 or five. However, I just don't shoot the ones that I own very much at all.

I will strongly disagree on the capability of the 20 gauge on waterfowl. I've been shooting a left handed Benelli M2 20ga exclusively for ducks and geese the last two seasons, with BOSS copper plated bismuth & I've never once felt under gunned or lacking whatsoever. Most especially when compared with a 12ga loaded with steel shot. I don't ever plan to purchase another single round of steel shot, unless there is literally no other option. Modern ammunition has changed the game!

Two shotguns, neither of which is all that waterfowl capable, and still no .22lr? Don't be so hard on yourself--you need more! (just like me)
I have more.

6.5 Grendel, 5.56 NATO, and.300 Blackout but they are in the AR platform. Just not something I care to hunt with. Also have some “tactical” shotguns and a lever action 45-70.

As for pistols and revolvers I got quite a few. I even have one in .41 Magnum with a scope for hunting. I don’t mind some of the newer cartridges but my hunting rifles have to be a controlled route feed left handed bolt with the exception of the lever action 45-70. I also have a .338 Win Mag so I reckon my four gun battery is 6.5 Creedmoor, .338 Win Mag, and .375 Ruger and 45-70 at the moment.

I prefer the .338WM over the.300WM and anything I would use the .300WM for I use the .338WM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonroeDeva

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!