2 Elephant Hunts Still Available

Hello Lon. Phil here. We had lunch in Boulder, Colorado a few years ago.
This is definitely a dream hunt in a dream location. Approaching my 77 th year, so not sure I could handle all the walking. I only have a 375 H&H as well. This getting “long in the tooth” is getting in the way of my fun!
Is that leopard still hanging near your camp?
Stay healthy! And best of luck on these awesome hunts!
Hi Phil,

I remember meeting you and having lunch, it was nice meeting you.

The hunts normally require miles of walking. That said you just might bump into one.

During our last hunt our game scouts ran into a big male feeding on a warthog he had just killed. Then a campfire ranger went to get a drink of water and was face to face with a leopard.

Goid hunting.

Lon

What size crocs have you been getting? And do you hunt hippo exclusively in water or can they be hunted on land?
Hi Bob,

The average is between 12&13. Liesl went next door to take a picture of a 14’. If a client is willing to wait and you take the hippo first (plenty of bait) a 14 to15 is possibility.

I prefer hippo on dry land if they co-operate. Croc hippo hunts take place from our lodge.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad lol!!! Liesl accidentally sent me a picture of another one of our members tusks. These latest are mine that I am thrilled with!!! The owner of the first tusks I posted will be posting his report shortly and will be sharing his tusks which is the first picture I mistakenly posted. Please join me in congratulating him!!!!
Whether it has 20 or 50lbs of ivory, the hunt experience is usually the same! I've taken a management bull like yours, a cow and a tuskless. The tuskless being the most intense of those 3 hunts.

elephants still around and some nice big crocs around too

Hi Bob,

The average is between 12&13. Liesl went next door to take a picture of a 14’. If a client is willing to wait and you take the hippo first (plenty of bait) a 14 to15 is possibility.

I prefer hippo on dry land if they co-operate. Croc hippo hunts take place frol our lodge.

DSCN0156.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Just Gina wants a croc.. A big croc.... :) 14' plus. And she needs an elephant for her big 5.... However I think the house remodeling is her priority right now;) It would be nice to get fully moved in!

Mr Lon,
I have been following this thread for a while and I have a few questions to maybe put this puzzle all together. How many days are required to do the elephant (10) but add on a hippo and croc as well? Can I do the add on’s during the elephant hunt or do I need to pay up front for the certain amount of additional days in order to get permits and such? My schedule is really filled up and I need to know if the dates for the safari are available starting on August 28th thru September 9th? Thanks,
Mark

Mr Lon, my concern on the additional days is strictly due to my tight scheduling on whether I’d be able to fit it all in that time period. Thank you sir,
Mark

Last edited:
Mr Lon, my concern on the additional days is strictly due to my tight scheduling on whether I’d be able to fit it all in that time period. Thank you sir,
Mark
I am a great deal of pain, typing this on a phone takes everything I’ve got, I hope everyone understands.

Rifle hunt cost $15,000 1 elephant tusked bull all inclusive, except tips.
Exportable to US
We only do pick up and return to Victoria Falls. Because of driving time it will take one 1/2 day drive from VC to lodge and one 1/2 day lodge to camp. You will probably leave the airport at 3p.m.

Elephant hunts will take place out of lodge or camp depends on where the elephant are. You will be treated and have above standard quarters. We use only top PHs. We have back up in everything. You do not want your time wasted while someone does a bush vehicle repair.

If two PHs who know our area are available. Then we can do a 2x2. But do not recommend. Reason although we cover a large area there certain hot spots, but they are always changing,

Rifle caliber recommended by me .40 or larger. By law .375 H&H.

Average tusk 15 to 25.

Body size small resident, big bodied with or without big teeth.
Right now there is a big bull body wise, if he the one I think he is he will go 40lb. plus. Many years ago I hunted that flat level are with some bush but most clear area

I am going to separate locating and tracking. It seems that ALL blacks are born with a cell phone. At night they all receive phone calls About ele being in there garden. We take off for the location, going down the road we look for spoor if we find a promising track we follow.

We also know where the water is located. Mainly we created it.

I am a great deal of pain, typing this on a phone takes everything I’ve got, I hope everyone understands.

Rifle hunt cost $15,000 1 elephant tusked bull all inclusive, except tips.
Exportable to US
We only do pick up and return to Victoria Falls. Because of driving time it will take one 1/2 day drive from VC to lodge and one 1/2 day lodge to camp. You will probably leave the airport at 3p.m.

Elephant hunts will take place out of lodge or camp depends on where the elephant are. You will be treated and have above standard quarters. We use only top PHs. We have back up in everything. You do not want your time wasted while someone does a bush vehicle repair.

If two PHs who know our area are available. Then we can do a 2x2. But do not recommend. Reason although we cover a large area there certain hot spots, but they are always changing,

Rifle caliber recommended by me .40 or larger. By law .375 H&H.

Average tusk 15 to 25.

Body size small resident, big bodied with or without big teeth.
Right now there is a big bull body wise, if he the one I think he is he will go 40lb. plus. Many years ago I hunted that flat level are with some bush but most clear area

I am going to separate locating and tracking. It seems that ALL blacks are born with a cell phone. At night they all receive phone calls About ele being in there garden. We take off for the location, going down the road we look for spoor if we find a promising track we follow.

We also know where the water is located. Mainly we created the water .supply.
We do have one M-70 pre 64, with ammo. Ammo is very expensive, but I sell by the box at 25 more than I pay.

Archery elephant, personally I do not want the problems connected. If a permit is issued It will be very expensive. I for one do not want our reputation ruined and that could easily take place in Zim.

No accompanying foreign PHs allowed.

No supposed agents allowed

Hippo,Croc takes place from lodge.
We cannot guarantee a land base hippo. Mark Sullivan performs those hunts.

August equals hot days thru November. Most probably use lodge for ele june on.

These elephant hunts are just that elephant hunts. Buffalo or hippo croc are separate hunts. No elephant hunts less the 10 days will be booked. Prives for 2024 only.

I hope this answers all questions, if you have more questions refer to Liesl.

I do want to thank our wonderful clients. Who have all left with there elehant
Lon

Mark
Mark I am very sick, I will mot talk on the phone, you probably would not understand me anyway. I believe the dates to be open give me 10days hunting and 14 on the 00ground. 7days added would take care of both. Best I can do.

Lon i am writing this at 10 pm

Lon
I enjoy reading your posts and offers,
Prayers to you for a speedy recovery. I hope to one day maybe hunt with you.
Mark

Lon
I enjoy reading your posts and offers,
Prayers to you for a speedy recovery. I hope to one day maybe hunt with you.
Mark
Thank you mark two different Marks were calling me at the same time. I will not be hunting again, but with Liesl guidance we will continue to offer experiences as some of our client/ friends have described.

Liesl took some pictures of a 14 foot? Croc four hundred meeter from the lodge the representative elephant are about a kilometer away. There are 7 bulls about 5 kilometers away.

Lon

I did this hunt three years ago with Lon and Liesl. Got a huge bodied ell. Tusks I think were just under 25 pounds. Was a great hunt have been back two more times since. Cant say enogh good things about Tokoloshe. I am not very good on computer pm me if you would like to chat about this great hunt opertunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babawanjimba

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!