2 Elephant Hunts Still Available

I don't think these people would take such a risk, the prisons in Zimbabwe are not exactly famous for their comfort.
I certainly agree with you here. If you'd like a first-hand account of survival, then I can recommend the book "Beating Chains" by Rusty Labuschagne. Mr. Labuschagne, a successful Zimbabwe businessman and safari operator, was wrongfully convicted in 2003 of drowning a fish poacher near his fishing resort on Lake Kariba. Rusty served ten years in various Zimbabwe prisons, including the notorious Chikurubi Maximum Security Prison. I am including the following link for those further interested.

Getting back to the hunt offer, I can also vouch for Lon as I once met him at Banff Lodge and I can verify that it is indeed a pleasure to be in his company.

Hi,

10 full days of hunting.
Not a night time hunt, but night is legal.
The area covers about 50Ks x 50Ks
Exportable trophy bulls.
Do not expect for a ele with big ivory.
We are providing reasonably priced hunts, not vacations. If the PH determines it is a representative of the area bull. You are expected to shoot.

Lon
Here is my 22 pounder from April. Amazing hunt, experience and people. Last day and last hour. These people will not quit on you!!! I just cannot say enough great things about them!!!

73ce2b20-1ba0-4f8b-8a1c-4238ed2d39e8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
We are waiting on a deposit. If it comes thru then there will be one left. After that, you never get a hunt like this for thid price.

Lon
Better jump on this!!! I had searched over 12 outfitters before I chose this hunt! Incredible value!!! Don’t be mad at me please but I told Lon after my hunt he should be charging far more given my total incredible “old Africa” experience think Rouark and Hemingway!!!

What is the time frame this hunt needs to be taken? I apologize if it has already been stated and I overlooked it.
Thanks
Jody

Solids only for elephant and 416 rifle is perfect 400 grain solids
Ok, which brand of solids? Barnes, Federal, Woodleigh, Hornady, Lehigh, Cutting Edge, etc.? Too many to decide. LOL

Believe me if I didn’t have a hunt next month I’d be on this like a Biden on a 12 year old. I would take them both.
That’s some 20 miles of walking for each elephant Frank? With a 25-30lb backpack on and carrying a 13lb rifle that’ll be pretty brutal? Luckily, it wouldn’t be at 8500ft. Ha! Ha! Ha!

That’s some 20 miles of walking for each elephant Frank? With a 25-30lb backpack on and carrying a 13lb rifle that’ll be pretty brutal? Luckily, it wouldn’t be at 8500ft. Ha! Ha! Ha!
I think most elk I’ve shot has been about 30 miles of walking on average. Little heavier pack but a much lighter rifle.

My bad lol!!! Liesl accidentally sent me a picture of another one of our members tusks. These latest are mine that I am thrilled with!!! The owner of the first tusks I posted will be posting his report shortly and will be sharing his tusks which is the first picture I mistakenly posted. Please join me in congratulating him!!!!

Believe me if I didn’t have a hunt next month I’d be on this like a Biden on a 12 year old. I would take them both.
Same opinion here ;) If we didn't already have a month in Africa booked, I'd have been having a serious conversation with @Just Gina about us both going after both bulls! And a couple hyena :)

I do not understand why someone on here looking for a deal, maybe thinking of a tuskless, hasn't scooped these up yet... And add of two hyena! They are so much fun to call in at night.. One for a rug, one to full mount. Both plus elephant for the fun and adventure!

As for taxidermy on elephant, yea they are small. But beyond the ivory there are cool things to do with ears and feet. Tail shadow box. And the hide! That wonderful leather:) Can't have too much of that;)

Same opinion here ;) If we didn't already have a month in Africa booked, I'd have been having a serious conversation with @Just Gina about us both going after both bulls! And a couple hyena :)

I do not understand why someone on here looking for a deal, maybe thinking of a tuskless, hasn't scooped these up yet... And add of two hyena! They are so much fun to call in at night.. One for a rug, one to full mount. Both plus elephant for the fun and adventure!

As for taxidermy on elephant, yea they are small. But beyond the ivory there are cool things to do with ears and feet. Tail shadow box. And the hide! That wonderful leather:) Can't have too much of that;)
So right! Beyond the tusks I am having an ear done with the map and countries within Africa done on it to hang in my office

Ok, which brand of solids? Barnes, Federal, Woodleigh, Hornady, Lehigh, Cutting Edge, etc.? Too many to decide. LOL
I shot mine in 2014 with Woodliegh Hydro Solids. Very effective, accurate, blew threw sideways. But found a bullet in a jaw bone from the finisher in the top of the head. Very slight bend in it.

But as for solids, personally I'd use any of them in a pinch.

Croc and hippo can be added as a seperate hunt.

Something that I have posted in the past. We do not hunt tuskless.

The reason why the difference in permit cost for this area is $1,000.00. We hunt in some pretty heavy bush. If by chance the ele has the tiniest bit of ivory showing you just illegally shot a trophy elephant, sorry no thanks.

We have a 100% clean record we want to keep it that way.

Lon

Man. If I hadn't already been to SA this year, and just began tearing apart the master bathroom for a remodel, planning to re ovate the attached garage into a man cave, the build a shed to park the cars in, among multiple other house projects. I'd be all over this deal.

Hello Lon. Phil here. We had lunch in Boulder, Colorado a few years ago.
This is definitely a dream hunt in a dream location. Approaching my 77 th year, so not sure I could handle all the walking. I only have a 375 H&H as well. This getting “long in the tooth” is getting in the way of my fun!
Is that leopard still hanging near your camp?
Stay healthy! And best of luck on these awesome hunts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MindyTakas

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles