The .375 Holland & Holland Flanged Magnum

Here are some pics of my 375 H&H flanged magnum . The original and the best . Made in 1929 . As with most double rifles in early 20th Century it went to India and was sold through Manton & Co . Has all the contemporary Royal features - bolstered action and hand detachable locks . Happily shoots 300grain RNSN pills at 2500 fps . Deadly on water buff . I just use the great original express sights . Ideally I can hit the buff on the nose with the barrels before I shoot - but typically 50-70 metres range . Just a truly fabulous little used rifle . The sound of it closing is a very reassuring clunk .

IMG_1756.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg
IMG_1645.jpeg
IMG_1646.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bringing this old thread back to life to see if anyone else has taken a buffalo or even an elephant with the 375 Flanged Magnum?
Yes I have . Water buff in Northern Territory Australia . Used a H&H Royal in 375 flanged magnum . Shot 2 - same process for both . Got down wind , kept quiet and used trees to get in close . Used tree as a rest . 300 grain bullet into heart lung - buff skipped up in air and got the left barrel into the same area and dropped . I reloaded , walked about 50 to 70 metres and found dead buff . Can’t complain about the rifle or ammo performance .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydaX15957

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone