The .375 Holland & Holland Flanged Magnum

340gr is perfect for the 375 H&H....solid an expanding.....increased SD and reduced speed.....

The Woodleigh 350’s are awesome bullets. Their 350 gr conventional solid at 2,300 fps has incredible penetration.

Hi Brian, firstly congratulations upon those two buff. Yes it does count, it all comes down to bullet wt and velocity.
Keven, I will go so far as to say that bullet design and construction are most important as well. I believe that is why I have had such good luck with the Cutting Edge Bullet solids and NorthFork solids in three different calibers, on buffalo.

My doublerifle in .375 Flanged Magnum regulating load is at 2455 fps according to my chronograph with 300 grains Hornady DGX Bonded using Norma cases, Federal 215 LRM and Vihtavuori N160 gun powder.

Unfortunately I have yet to try it in practical hunting on anything larger then a swedish bull moose. So I cant say how well it works in actual hunting on bigger game than that. It does seem to regulate very well with this load, about 4 cm at 50 meters and 7 cm at 100 meters. With Hornady DGS solids it regulates about the same with a little less spread at both distances (like 0,5 cm so hardly noticable).

My doublerifle in .375 Flanged Magnum regulating load is at 2455 fps according to my chronograph with 300 grains Hornady DGX Bonded using Norma cases, Federal 215 LRM and Vihtavuori N160 gun powder.

Unfortunately I have yet to try it in practical hunting on anything larger then a swedish bull moose. So I cant say how well it works in actual hunting on bigger game than that. It does seem to regulate very well with this load, about 4 cm at 50 meters and 7 cm at 100 meters. With Hornady DGS solids it regulates about the same with a little less spread at both distances (like 0,5 cm so hardly noticable).
Great result. Now off to the buffalo fields!

I checked out to O/U Verney on the web. Beautiful rifle! I am and old O/U shotgun man for migratory birds, upland birds and sporting Clays. That O/U Verney really sends me.

The CEB 375HH, 275gr Raptor and the 300 gr. Solid, go hand in hand. They pair up well for getting the same point of impact, as you probably already know. In my bolt gun I run the 275gr. at about 2,700fps and the 300gr. about 2,500fps. As far as I can tell, with limited experience, 100 fps less velocity gives me the same terminal performance on buffalo with the above CEB bullets. Brian

Waiting anxiously for an email from SSK, indicating my No 1 rebarrel to 375 Flanged Mag N.E. is done!

I have some 350gr Woodies I plan to load up to ~2,300....for science! :)

Rifle is 8 weeks past due....so should be done in a couple more weeks, LOL.

Waiting anxiously for an email from SSK, indicating my No 1 rebarrel to 375 Flanged Mag N.E. is done!

Sounds like an interesting "science" project. I am inrerested to hear how it turns out.

We need to see that when it’s done! You do realize that this will require another visit to John Sharp I assume?

We need to see that when it’s done! You do realize that this will require another visit to John Sharp I assume?
I am on a very short leash!

My visits with John are all in the States now. :(

Well that is definitely something to look forward to!

Well that is definitely something to look forward to!
Dan - they have had my rifle almost 6 months. I am hoping my wait is almost over!

They said the rifle was in "finishing" 7 weeks ago.

I am on a very short leash!

My visits with John are all in the States now. :(

We still need to see that rifle. It sounds like a class act!

Here she is...
IMG_3072[1].JPG

Very proper African do-all! Since its in a Ruger #1, I would think you could run very hot loads safely given the extreme strength of the action. Basically, a 375HH with better extraction.

Very proper African do-all! Since its in a Ruger #1, I would think you could run very hot loads safely given the extreme strength of the action. Basically, a 375HH with better extraction.
Yup. That is the idea!!

Good grief....I am going to do my second 375 Flanged Magnum.

I have gone round and round.....several wildcats based on the 9.3x74 (wanted a 338-74 Keith since reading about it in 1972), the 45-90, 7x75R SE Vom Hoff, 300 Flanged Magnum (I already have a 30 Super).

With 400 Norma 375 Flanged cases and nearly 3,000 .375 bullets...and a 37 year history with the .375...how can I NOT do a 375 Flanged?

I told Bailey to ignore every future email from me regarding chambering...and just build a 375 Flanged!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeremyKell

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone