HUNTING Leopard

I will look harder, I have a few pictures of Big Cats but most have some one holding them & I hate blanking them out but don't like posting them now days.

The 210lb was in the film days.

Ok found that one, 210lb with 8x68S ( I hate this cartridge) West Nicholson Zimbabwe.

Big Leopard in Zim 210lb.jpg
Big Leopard in Zim 210lb -.jpg

I remember had a head like a Jaguar, we & the neighbors were after it for some time as it was a calf killer, I think I also had a pic of its huge paw with a toe missing from a Gin trap.

Last edited:
I will look harder, I have a few pictures of Big Cats but most have some one holding them & I hate blanking them out but don't like posting them now days.

The 210lb was in the film days.

Ok found that one, 210lb with 8x68S ( I hate this cartridge) West Nicholson Zimbabwe.

View attachment 578177 View attachment 578178

I remember had a head like a Jaguar, we & the neighbors were after it for some time as it was a calf killer, I think I also had a pic of its huge paw with a toe missing from a Gin trap.
Damm! Do you have any other pics of that cat?

Damm! Do you have any other pics of that cat?

I don't think any thing better, you know what its like with old photos & film, who knows where they are ?

I don't think any thing better, you know what its like with old photos & film, who knows where they are ?
Yes, definitely Sarge. Too bad

PS and THANK YOU for posting a picture of a Leopard weighing over 200lbs. I'm sure that they do exist, but yours is the first one I've seen.

PS: Famed Zimbabwean Leopard hunter, PH Wayne Grant, wrote a book on Leopard hunting, titled, "Into the Thorns." In it he stated that during 40+ years as a full-time Leopard hunter, he has NEVER killed or even seen a Leopard that weighed over 200lbs. The biggest one was weighed at 196 lbs....not a wild guess but weighed on a scale.
And this was in his heyday of Leopard hunting, when he had access to huge cattle ranches in the Matopas, which is known for having the genetics for giant cats.

I thought that you might me interested in reading that, and knowing how special your picture is;)

That the biggest Leopard my dad ever made shot. It was in Monduli Masailand with a French hunter.
189 lb(86kg)

1000032393.jpg
1000032392.jpg

He told me that the only 220 lbs Leopard he sow was shot in Zimbabwe it was only feeding on cow

That the biggest Leopard my dad ever made shot. It was in Monduli Masailand with a French hunter.
189 lb(86kg)

View attachment 578813View attachment 578814

He told me that the only 220 lbs Leopard he sow was shot in Zimbabwe it was only feeding on cow
Incredible!! Thank you so much for sharing that

PS I wonder if the 220lb cat you mentioned was actually weighed, or was that an estimate? Wayne grant also stated that most people's guesses are usually 40-50% off/overestimated

Your dad's leopard with 30lbs of meat in his stomach is 200lbs

Wayne grant also stated that most people's guesses are usually 40-50% off/overestimated
This I can believe.
I’m sure most cannot accurately estimate a leopard weight

This I can believe.
I’m sure most cannot accurately estimate a leopard weight
Yip nothing beats a Avery platform grain scale......especially if you weigh yourself before the time......
Same goes for kudu, buff, ele etc.....horn/tusk wise...anyway.....

Yip nothing beats a Avery platform grain scale......especially if you weigh yourself before the time......
Same goes for kudu, buff, ele etc.....horn/tusk wise...anyway.....
Yes,and a PH' know even takes pics of the leopards on the scale showing the weight and the cat so that nobody is exaggerating weight

I will try and dig out the fotos but they are somewhere on a disk.....loaded from 35mm film camera.....will also try and cobtact client of 216 pounder to post pics.....

Yes,and a PH' know even takes pics of the leopards on the scale showing the weight and the cat so that nobody is exaggerating weight
We never took pics off that on the 221 lb pac cat although we desperately tried to retain the skin and scull but we where denied...the skin was given ti the local chief and the scull who knows....

We never took pics off that on the 221 lb pac cat although we desperately tried to retain the skin and scull but we where denied...the skin was given ti the local chief and the scull who knows....
Too bad that would have been the trophy of a lifetime for you

And if you happen to find the pics of the other one I would love to see it, and I'm sure others would as well

Have a good weekend

PS IvY:

A buddy of mine JUST sent this to me
112KG is 246lbs.

Maybe they stuffed lead down its throat but if not this is amazing
IMG_9917.jpeg

I will try and dig out the fotos but they are somewhere on a disk.....loaded from 35mm film camera.....will also try and cobtact client of 216 pounder to post pics.....
I always enjoy your posts and vast experience!!!

Incredible!! Thank you so much for sharing that

PS I wonder if the 220lb cat you mentioned was actually weighed, or was that an estimate? Wayne grant also stated that most people's guesses are usually 40-50% off/overestimated

Your dad's leopard with 30lbs of meat in his stomach is 200lbs
He told me he was weighed but it's stomach was super full.

Yes many people over weighed them and depending how much they have eaten can also change a lot

Yes that Leopard had some claws missing due to some snares. It couldn't climb in a tree anymore. The female was cutting pieces of meat for him

He told me he was weighed but it's stomach was super full.

Yes many people over weighed them and depending how much they have eaten can also change a lot

Yes that Leopard had some claws missing due to some snares. It couldn't climb in a tree anymore. The female was cutting pieces of meat for him
Amazing! I can't get enough of seeing those gigantic cats. Can you imagine surviving long enough to grow to be that size? Ducking poachers, hunters, other leopards and becoming injured from prey?

I would love to see a few more pictures of where to aim on a leopard with emphasis for a bow hunter!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanaBirre

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.