HUNTING Leopard

I'd like to see photos also. Looking at my cat's skull from July '22, all of it's canines are cracked past the gum line, an old cat, and it weighed 120 lbs. From Namibia south of the Waterberg Plateau. It was measured at 7'6". I can only offer congrats to anyone who takes a 200 lb. leopard. Mike.
Hello Mike, same here, waiting on IVY's response

I would love to see your skull...did you have it aged?

Mine from Zambia was aged at 7.5 by a biologist,,,,I will post a few here later on today

Leopards in the wild reach 12 to 15 years......

IvW, did you read my post where I asked if you could post some pictures of the 2 Leopards that you shot that "weighed over 200lbs?"

I would love to see them

That is when you get into super cat category in the right areas..

Too many bullshitters on this forem.....the 221lbs was a pac the 216lb was with a client of which I dont have permissiin to post pics.....too many seem to want proof.....why I dont know.....
I could post a 55 kudu and say its 60 and 99% would not be any wiser.....

Both where hunted in RSA so the high fence rich arse idiots will get into the argument as well which I truelly dont have time for......

To stir shit or acknowledge?
I think you have alternative motives to be honest.....

An over 200lb leopard is just not something you see everyday. So seeing a pic of one would be interesting. At least for me.

I was reading through this thread wondering if I should make a joke post along the lines of:
"Are these free range or Captive Bred Leopards that we are talking about?" But I had decided not to stir things up. But since that appears to have already happened ....

I’ve only shot 3 leopards, so am far from an expert. But I know what has worked great for me.
1st leopard in Zimbabwe, 40 yards, 300 Win. & 180 Nosler Partition. Cat was dead instantly, right under the limb.
2nd leopard in Botswana, 25 yards on the ground, 338 Win. & 225 Bearclaw. Cat went about 15 yards
3rd leopard in Tanzania, 47 yards, 338 & 225 Bearclaw. Cat went about 20 yards.

Here is the performance you get on leopard with a Bearclaw…

IMG_8095.jpeg

I’ve only shot 3 leopards, so am far from an expert. But I know what has worked great for me.
1st leopard in Zimbabwe, 40 yards, 300 Win. & 180 Nosler Partition. Cat was dead instantly, right under the limb.
2nd leopard in Botswana, 25 yards on the ground, 338 Win. & 225 Bearclaw. Cat went about 15 yards

View attachment 577650
WOW what a gorgeous cat!!

I killed 2. The first in Zim with a 7mmRemMag with a factory 160gr Accubond. It dropped onto the ground dead

The second was in Zambia, same 7mm rifle but with hand-loaded 155gr Hammer Hunter Bullets at 3,260fps. This one jumped out ot the tree on his own power and we found him 20 yards away dead

That is a huge cat! Beautiful!
Did you weigh him?
Look at how thick he is
Thank you. I only have his measurements as we didn’t weigh him. I have an estimate based on being a whitetail hunter but not sure how accurate it is.

Thank you. I only have his measurements as we didn’t weigh him. I have an estimate based on being a whitetail hunter but not sure how accurate it is.
Doesn't matter either way...that's a gorgeous, mature, BIG leopard

View attachment 577650
Wow! Thanks. I am using Nosler Partician in 25 for mine

There is a lot of emphasis on weight when conversing about leopard...
90 kg leopard are almost mythical..

In my opinion age is the most valuable determination of trophy quality. Post prime Toms have endured a rough ride and are testament to all the bundled charisma of the leopard. A 7 year plus cat trumps any thing younger, even if the younger cat weighs 20 kg more...

Side note: The high shoulder shot is unparalleled for its efficacy at dropping leopard.

I would like to see a pic of a 200lb Leopard.

There is a lot of emphasis on weight when conversing about leopard...
90 kg leopard are almost mythical..

In my opinion age is the most valuable determination of trophy quality. Post prime Toms have endured a rough ride and are testament to all the bundled charisma of the leopard. A 7 year plus cat trumps any thing younger, even if the younger cat weighs 20 kg more...

Side note: The high shoulder shot is unparalleled for its efficacy at dropping leopard.
+1!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdancy1

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone