AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF,MDF
Hunted
Nambia, South africa, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Pennsylvania, British Columbia, KY,IL, Oklahoma
Looking for a bush pilot to land me and buddy on gravel bar. We have already been there. Just need a good pilot

I've only used Andy at shadow aviation out of fairbanks.
Super safe, fair and honest

I saw RAM aviation flying DIY caribou hunters out of Kotzebue. Depending on the time of the year Brad from Alaska WildernessCharters and Guiding flies hunters out of Kotzebue too but he may be limited to just his hunters

Unfortunately, it’s been my experience that the best pilots that have the better spots are hard to get a slot in with. Unless you get a cancellation, I’d be leery of anyone that has an opening for this year. Guided hunts are different but the bestvdrop services book years in advance.

Where are you from? And what are you planning to hunt?

Local air taxis can be particular about who and where they drop people depending on what they are doing. Also many local air taxis, especially for hunts have gone to the flat rate model and are charging a lot more for trips, especially hunting.

The biggest and probably easiest option with less questions is Wrights air out of Fairbanks. They are further away from most areas so the flights will cost more but are likely to agree to take you where you want. That’s said the flight cost might still be less than a Flat rate charge by another air taxi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamgee

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.