USN retired Okie

USN

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Many thanks to all on this forum! Been lurking here for some time and finally decided I must go to Africa and hunt before I get to old and couldn't perform. My wonderful wife basically got tired of hearing me talk about it and said please go, WOOOO HOOOO! I knew nothing about what to do or where to begin but thanks to this site and Nick Bowker Hunting have made plans for a late August hunt. Because of everyone using Delta 200 from ATL to JNB overnight 2 nights at the Afton then on to PE where Nick picks me up for his Sable/Kudu trophy package. His website and reviews and AH.com just made it so simple for a rookie to feel confident that I made the right decision. Many Thanks to all here and Nick for the many emails with questions for a first timer. And yes I have begun planning my buffalo hunt for next year. Mac

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: USN
Thank you so much, decided 2 days Afton to help get over jet lag and then on to PE due to this site. Nick Bowker Hunting website damn near was able to answer questions before I even thought of them. Between everyone here and NB I am ready to leave now!

Welcome @USN. When I was still traveling I found that a longhaul west to east required a full 18hrs rest to get over the fatigue, so your 2 days will be a bit of overkill, but better that than under.

Used to make many flights US to sand box or Japan. West to east seems harder for me anyways, was younger then. Hey Afton has cold beer and steaks, just have to rough it. Seems the delta 200 has a history of cancellation did not want to lose a day of hunting.

Welcome aboard Shipmate!

Hello USN,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Giday Mac. Welcome to the A H forums.

USN welcome to the AH forum! First, thank you for your service! Second, I’m certain you are going to have a grand Africa adventure and I doubt it will be your only one!

:S Welcome: to AH! I was born and raised in Oklahoma! Looking forward to reading your hunting report after your hunt! Best of luck, and keep us posted. :)

Welcome USN, Always good to have an encouraging wife to help push you in the right direction. I served on a destroyer 40+ years ago. I’m trying to remember if the ships were still made of wood then.

Welcome to AH USN! Wishing you the best of time in Africa!

Welcome (y)

Welcome to the site, good to see how you already know how it will feed and expand your Africa desire. Enjoy all it offers and looking forward to another hunt report.

MB

Many thanks to all on this forum! Been lurking here for some time and finally decided I must go to Africa and hunt before I get to old and couldn't perform. My wonderful wife basically got tired of hearing me talk about it and said please go, WOOOO HOOOO! I knew nothing about what to do or where to begin but thanks to this site and Nick Bowker Hunting have made plans for a late August hunt. Because of everyone using Delta 200 from ATL to JNB overnight 2 nights at the Afton then on to PE where Nick picks me up for his Sable/Kudu trophy package. His website and reviews and AH.com just made it so simple for a rookie to feel confident that I made the right decision. Many Thanks to all here and Nick for the many emails with questions for a first timer. And yes I have begun planning my buffalo hunt for next year. Mac
Congratulations on upcoming hunting in Africa and welcome to AH

Have a great time. Make sure you take notes for the hunting report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FBYChristi

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)