Threats to Hunting

"Hunters" can be real a##holes. Very exclusive and trouble making. Having been in a few hunting clubs, real turn off. People getting butt hurt about size of deer shot, hunting "their" animals, not welcoming to newbies. Fun is missing. We are killing ourselves.

I used to include my friends and their kids where I hunted until a couple "incidents". Now I hardly hunt, plus cannot include newbies. Amazing huh?

Oh how about that clown that was in the news with the live wolf and it's mouth tapped shut? Really helping the cause.

"Hunters" can be real a##holes. Very exclusive and trouble making. Having been in a few hunting clubs, real turn off. People getting butt hurt about size of deer shot, hunting "their" animals, not welcoming to newbies. Fun is missing. We are killing ourselves.

I used to include my friends and their kids where I hunted until a couple "incidents". Now I hardly hunt, plus cannot include newbies. Amazing huh?

Oh how about that clown that was in the news with the live wolf and it's mouth tapped shut? Really helping the cause.

This is exactly why me, my wife, and a very close friend of many years have our own place to hunt and I no longer belong to a big lease/club..

No drama..no BS… no jackasses gathered around the fire acting like turds…

Completely controlled environment..

And peaceful..

Peace and tranquility are two of the primary reasons I go to the deer woods…

Even if the youngsters have an interest in hunting, it is unlikely to get far if their own parents aren't part of the culture.
If not in all cases, then in many cases this still is serious factor frequently, and blame is on traditional and conservative hunting community.
At my place, a young man with fresh hunters certificate and without parents or family in this sport, or good friends in this sport, has serious problem of joining any local hunting club.
Traditionally run hunting club expects at least a recommendation from club member, or family member (father) who is already in the club before taking new club member.
So, by coming from non hunting family, creates another type of obstacle.
Another problem is high percentage of divorces, when kids stay with mom, and women are rarely hunters to pass tradition to their kids. And this group of young people from divorced families, have even harder start in hunting.

My start, for example, was different, but I was lucky, I guess.
My grandfather was hunter, he thought me to shoot, but he stopped hunting by the time I was 10 or 12, I lost father early when I was a kid. So there was a generational gap, and community connections lost.

So, I first made sport shooting license, and started target shooting competitions.
By visiting local range frequently, and being very active at it, I was helping on occasion (non skilled) hunters zeroing the rifle, explaining the range rules, etc... This made me a circle of friends, who later helped me joining my first club after I made hunters exam. This was the only range in the county, so everybody who needs to come to the range, comes there from time to time. But this is how I got into hunting for real, Regardless, it has to be very well noted, it was my grandfather who planted a hunting bug into me, before age of 10, and ever since I never lost that bug, and hunting was always in my focus and in my vision till I finally got to there.
What goes around, comes around, I guess.

But, not many can follow in a same way, for numerous reasons.

Last edited:
"Hunters" can be real a##holes. Very exclusive and trouble making.
This is basically what I have described in my post above.
After I joined the first club, I resigned from membership for personals reasons after 5 yrs, and joined next club.

To paraphrase Nick Nolte, in one of his movies - extreme prejudice movie: "I am very particular who I hunt with".

Last edited:
A lot of good opinions.

Anti hunting is man made:

Living in a cozy home ordering groceries online ease of spending time in front of the screen just detaches us as humans of being part of nature. Its just a switch humans think of themselves as demi gods no need for nature as we create everything it just magically appears in the shops.

How it got there is not a question to pose?

Meantime lets take Bostwana as an example imagine you are substance farmer and last year you worked your hands to the bone to get your field ready to plant next years harvest. You hope you time it right for the rains and then wait and keep praying for rain. The rain is late and the birds start to dig out the seed the winds blow away the top layer and when it finally rains it hails washes away alsmot everything.
But Finally it rained and the seed that is left starts to sprout and grows.

The maize is starting to show nice cobs and one night its trampled and almsot oblitirated by 3 elephant bulls that came past in search of water and food.

I can go on with the above but we as hunters who manage and keep nature as best managed as possible understands the whole story. But our hands are tied half the time while the world decides and tells us in Africa what to do with our wildlife while they failed 200 years ago with their own.

Human encroachment cannot be stopped but living with wildlife can be managed and regulated there is enough proof of that but not enough real humans left to listen.

Anti hunting is man made

Yes, and often it is "made" by hunters.. How one behave and talk and present has a huge effect on the people seeing you.
Think before one posts or talks is always vise. I am not saying we should go "woke", but just do a quick check before talking and posting.

And if you are to recruit only one person into hunting (and shooting), recruit a female!

Human encroachment cannot be stopped but living with wildlife can be managed and regulated there is enough proof of that but not enough real humans left to listen.
This is essential point to understand!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.