The Story Of How The White Stag Came To Live In The Czech Republic, Where He Can Still Be Found Today

elio giobergia

Reaction score
Media
Articles
Although the historical origins of white stag are not clearly proven, in the past they were most likely native to Persia and can be classified as Cervus elaphus maral, a subspecies of Caucasian deer. They were introduced to Bohemia around 1780, when several breeding farms were established on the estates of the noblemen of the time families. At the turn of the 20th century, however, there was only one population living since 1824 in one Game Reserve. During the years of its existence, game numbers fell several times to the critical limit and not always well-considered breeding experiments together with the neglect of the care of grazing crops had a negative impact on the quality and health of the population. As recently as 1967 there were only 35 animals in the tribal population. The limiting factor of population development is very low reproduction as one as a consequence of inbreeding. At the end of the 1970s, attention finally began to be paid to more attention to white deer. One of the points of the proposal for to stabilize the breeding was the establishment of another game preserve for the second line to eliminate inbreeding. Of several alternatives, the former deer preserve was finally chosen in a oak forest complex. The transformation of the forestry sector after 1992 and the subsequent restitution of the property led to a change of ownership and thus the direct communication between the two breeds was interrupted. The priority of the breeding work in the game preserve is to strengthen the overall constitution of the game, to minimise the concomitant phenomena of inbreeding and to maintain a good state of health, with the aim of permanent improvement of the colour structure of the herd in favour of the white population. The basis for achieving the set objectives was the significant improvement of living conditions for the animals and the establishment of two additional breeding farms.

White stag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a charolais bull with antlers! A beautiful animal, I hope they continue to maintain and improve these special animals

I have this dream every now and then that I'm a hunter in these ancestral lands in olden times with a beautiful butter knife bolt handed rifle and hunter green colored wool clothing and hat with the little bushy tuff sticking out. Then after the hunt relaxing by a crackling fire in a old stone and timber lodge with a jagermeister like drink by my side

I have this dream every now and then that I'm a hunter in these ancestral lands in olden times with a beautiful butter knife bolt handed rifle and hunter green colored wool clothing and hat with the little bushy tuff sticking out. Then after the hunt relaxing by a crackling fire in a old stone and timber lodge with a jagermeister like drink by my side
The ultimate adventure in this scenario would be to hunt a stag of this quality with a long bow at 40 yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix19312

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.