Stoeger Coach

Why is this not practical? I'd think a SxS with ejectors would be incredibly practical.
I didn't know how some wing shooters, sporting, etc may feel about using a coach .. I, personally love it, quick, compact, etc.
Being uninformed about the shotgun circuit, there just seems to be a flood of long barrels, extended chokes tubes, etc. ?

CSMC was another willing to accommodate, off they're RBL. ie,

just not rifled.

Attachments

• RBL - SxS, Professional, Sabot Slug Gun, 20ga. 24%22 Barrels. #19832 - Connecticut Shotgun Man...pdf
    203.6 KB · Views: 10
I didn't know how some wing shooters, sporting, etc may feel about using a coach .. I, personally love it, quick, compact, etc.
Being uninformed about the shotgun circuit, there just seems to be a flood of long barrels, extended chokes tubes, etc. ?

CSMC was another willing to accommodate, off they're RBL. ie,

just not rifled.
@Daniel Cary unless you’re bird hunting in a Closet - no advantage to a 20” barrel shotgun and you’ll never see one in a Sporting Clays or Skeet competition….I’d say they have a place but it’s not Outdoors anymore - unless riding on a Stagecoach!

@RR314 —- Feral Cats are a poor mans Lion Hunt - nasty little bitches, dangerous to any animal their size or smaller….I think they will survive a Nuclear Bomb and outlast Cockroaches.

And they can run 20 or 30 yds with their hearts blown out… or so I’ve heard.

@Daniel Cary unless you’re bird hunting in a Closet - no advantage to a 20” barrel shotgun and you’ll never see one in a Sporting Clays or Skeet competition….I’d say they have a place but it’s not Outdoors anymore - unless riding on a Stagecoach!
lol! I understand, but was curious if it could serve a purpose from small game, close quarter game, etc. They'll build it, for a heck of a cost! .. but maybe useless.

I wonder if they'd ever consider a champion sporting clays coach division?

1714827426818.png

lol! I understand, but was curious if it could serve a purpose from small game, close quarter game, etc. They'll build it, for a heck of a cost! .. but maybe useless.
Agree “useless”.

I wonder if they'd ever consider a champion sporting clays coach division?

View attachment 603491
@Daniel Cary - great idea, pitch it to NSCA or NSSA to create a “Cheap-junk-sawed-off” competition, throw in some defective black powder reloads and barrel obstructions for “exciting barrel ruptures” and it might get televised or at least Utube hits….see if it takes off??

@HankBuck
I use a 20" barreled shotgun for out hunting loaded with solids and buckshot. It's a 5 shot Templeton push button shot gun and very effective in a mob if hogs.
Bob

Agree “useless”.
@HankBuck
With the advent of interchangeable chokes it has made short barrel shot guns now versatile. I've shot sporting clays with my 22" barreled Mossberg bolt 12 gauge and put up a reasonable score especially when the clays were rolled along the ground to simulate fleeing rabbits. Even with the bolt I could usually get the two targets so I don't know why the shorter barrels are useless the Mossberg only has a modified choke to go with it
Bob

@HankBuck
With the advent of interchangeable chokes it has made short barrel shot guns now versatile. I've shot sporting clays with my 22" barreled Mossberg bolt 12 gauge and put up a reasonable score especially when the clays were rolled along the ground to simulate fleeing rabbits. Even with the bolt I could usually get the two targets so I don't know why the shorter barrels are useless the Mossberg only has a modified choke to go with it
Bob
Bob, if you even own a Mossberg “anything” go hide in shame and a bolt action Mossberg makes a .243 look BETTER then the BEST .35 Whelen that God ever created.

Bob, if you even own a Mossberg “anything” go hide in shame and a bolt action Mossberg makes a .243 look BETTER then the BEST .35 Whelen that God ever created.
@HankBuck
Hush your mouth
My little Mossberg Maverick is a freak.
It has a 2moa red dot and even with the smooth bore barrel it I put three 3" magnum slugs in a clover leaf at 50 yards and the same thre slugs sighted 2" high @ 50, will group 3"" for three shots at one hundred yards four inches low so a back line hold will take care of pigs out to 125yds. Be careful a 243 CANT make anything look good. Even a daisy red rider is better than a 243.
Bob

@HankBuck
Hush your mouth
My little Mossberg Maverick is a freak.
It has a 2moa red dot and even with the smooth bore barrel it I put three 3" magnum slugs in a clover leaf at 50 yards and the same thre slugs sighted 2" high @ 50, will group 3"" for three shots at one hundred yards four inches low so a back line hold will take care of pigs out to 125yds. Be careful a 243 CANT make anything look good. Even a daisy red rider is better than a 243.
Bob
Bob, how often is Mossberg confused with Holland & Holland? (Or a toilet pipe). Wouldn’t you really rather use your Mossberg shotgun barrel for a plumbing pipe or the wood stock for firewood? By the way, what size are “clover leaf’s” in Australia - 3 feet? (Sorry - meters!)

Interestingly, short barreled side x side doubles are becoming popular for wildlife hazing, especially when using light weight loads because they do not have the feeding issues of auto, or even pump guns...

Bob, how often is Mossberg confused with Holland & Holland? (Or a toilet pipe). Wouldn’t you really rather use your Mossberg shotgun barrel for a plumbing pipe or the wood stock for firewood? By the way, what size are “clover leaf’s” in Australia - 3 feet? (Sorry - meters!)
@HankBuck
My Mossberg has a Barbie plastic fantastic stock.
Clover is bloody big in Australia. I've seen one 3 leaf lover feed two beef cattle, true.
It's all three shots touching in the shape of a clover leaf
Bob

Interestingly, short barreled side x side doubles are becoming popular for wildlife hazing, especially when using light weight loads because they do not have the feeding issues of auto, or even pump guns...
@Mekaniks - I’m going to believe you because I’m unfamiliar with that activity but assume it’s an extremely small number of shooters/Hunters that partake (1/1000 of a percent??). I don’t think that makes short barreled doubles “popular” just because they are used in a VERY UNpopular activity “Wildlife Hazing”?? Not likely any firearm manufacture is going to develop a line of quality SxS’s based on that demographic — except Stoeger —- even Mossberg has a more robust following.
But, if You like short barreled SxS’s and can’t find a Stagecoach to ride & protect from Outlaws — then it’s good to know there is another good used for them.

As a teenager I shot a rubber bullet slug and connected with the backside of a black bear at the local trash dump. I don't remember the make or model of it, but it was a 12 bore pump of some sort. All this was done under the supervision of my grandfather and the guy who worked the gate at the dump.

As a teenager I shot a rubber bullet slug and connected with the backside of a black bear at the local trash dump. I don't remember the make or model of it, but it was a 12 bore pump of some sort. All this was done under the supervision of my grandfather and the guy who worked the gate at the dump.
You had a FUN Grandfather !! Wish I did that as a Kid. Although, on a Backpack Camping trip in Yosemite in 1985 we had an aggressive “ear tagged” black bear come into camp at night and tear into our food 3 times in 2 hours (stored hung in tree). The third time I was able to pick up a brick sized “rock”, walked to within 12-15 feet of the bear and threw it HARD - hit him with it….he ran off and did Not return. That was Fun & exciting.

A coworker puts on a crow shoot in October for whoever can make it. I really enjoy the coach but appreciate everyone's pov where they've found them useful, or not?

A nice coach was an afterthought when I saw this listing. I don't deer hunt enough for a rifled sxs .. but they'll accommodate 20-22-24" round body, ejectors, etc. Buckshot perhaps, close range, idk.

Attachments

• %22EXCELLENT WOOD%22 CSMS, PROFESSIONAL, 20 GA SXS - 24%22 BBL.pdf
    331.6 KB · Views: 10
A coworker puts on a crow shoot in October for whoever can make it. I really enjoy the coach but appreciate everyone's pov where they've found them useful, or not?

A nice coach was an afterthought when I saw this listing. I don't deer hunt enough for a rifled sxs .. but they'll accommodate 20-22-24" round body, ejectors, etc. Buckshot perhaps, close range, idk.
If you use shotshells in a rifled shotgun barrel, the spin imparted to the wad will disperse the shot in an uneven and unpredictable pattern rendering it nearly useless at all but the closest of range. See the video below.

Rifled shotgun barrels are made to be used with sabot slugs. Smooth bore shotgun barrels are made to be used with rifled shotgun slugs or shotshells. Using rifled shotgun slugs in a rifled barrel will have you cleaning lead out of your rifling for a very long time. This will essentially turn the rifled barrel into a smoothbore in as few as five shots depending on the load used with accuracy getting worse and worse.

If you use shotshells in a rifled shotgun barrel, the spin imparted to the wad will disperse the shot in an uneven and unpredictable pattern rendering it nearly useless at all but the closest of range. See the video below.

Rifled shotgun barrels are made to be used with sabot slugs. Smooth bore shotgun barrels are made to be used with rifled shotgun slugs or shotshells. Using rifled shotgun slugs in a rifled barrel will have you cleaning lead out of your rifling for a very long time. This will essentially turn the rifled barrel into a smoothbore in as few as five shots depending on the load used with accuracy getting worse and worse.

Thank you! .. good video.
I was taken back by this listing, beautiful idea, but wouldn't be used. As time went on I asked if Connecticut Shotgun would be willing to build a smooth bore version, with some variables. They agreed, certainly at a cost though ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keobongda247cc

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]