Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Just returned from a wonderful second hunt with African Sky Safaris and PH Hennie du Toit. Hunted in Limpopo last year and took several plains game species for both myself and my son. (See my picture gallery). I enjoyed myself so much that I booked another hunt last August for the last week of April this year. I'm proud to say that I harvested two of the Big Five this hunt, lioness and Cape buffalo, as well as a Gemsbok, Black Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, and a Zebra . I got the lioness and gemsbok in the Kalahari, the buffalo in the Northern Provence, and the rest in Gauteng out of the same lodge on the Elands river I hunted last year. It was simply a great trip from start to finish. The hunting was exceptional but the people and the friendships formed is what makes a trip like a safari memorable.
My Delta flight arrived 1 hour early but guess what Hennie was already there..... waiting on me to go get the guns from the police station there at OR Tambo airport. I overnighted again at the Lombardy which was just great and at 7:00 the next morning we flew up to the Kalahari. Thanks to Shane for a smooth flight there and back and easy landings. By sundown that day my lioness was in the skinning shed. The next day we had to work a little bit but we got the Gemsbok in the afternoon. Our host at Kalaharri Lion Safari Lodge were great to work with. The next morning we flew back to Pretoria and then drove to the Northern Provence for the Buffalo Hunt the following day. I got a 40" hard boss buff that had a real bad attitude. The bosses were 16" across and man was that thing heavy. (See my new picture postings) Now he is going to look great on my wall when Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane gets him finished.....they did a great job on all the trophies from last year. Over the next two days I got the Black Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest and the Zebra all of which are going to make fine trophies as well.
This hunt was go go go from start to finish with lots of heart pumping excitement. Thank you to the entire team at African Sky , Andrew in the office and Jacob my skinner in the field, for taking care of so many details to make my hunt another memorable trip of a lifetime.
I want to give a special shout out to Ruger firearms and Mike Martin, sales, for getting me my new Ruger Guide Gun in 416 ruger......it dispatched the lioness and buffalo with no problems. My Ruger model #1 in 300 win mag took care of the rest with no problems. I do love both of those guns.
I can't go back next year but in two years I'm heading back to Africa and you can bet your last dollar that the trip will be booked through African Sky Hunting Safaris.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you had a great hunt. If you can post your pictures on this thread it would be great.

Here is the Cape Buffalo

image.jpg
image.jpg

Heavy horns

image.jpg

Good looking buff. Thanks for the photos.

Thank you for posting your hunting report!

Sounds like you had an awesome second hunt cant wait to go check out the pics.

Congratulations. Thanks for posting your hunt report.

Nice trip report and a very nice recommendation for African Sky. I think we may have talked to them at either the Harrisburg PA NRA Outdoor show or the Las Vegas SCI convention this past February.

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great trip!

Congrats on your hunt and very nice buff !

Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justcbdstore

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek