1 MOA accuracy less common than you think ?

Yup

I’m 66

He … isn’t

.22LR is a fickle mistress and very unforgiving of poor form

I’m regularly beaten by my students

Although I keep telling em - out shoot me and you can’t come back

They don’t listen !!!

I am more and more coaching in my shooting club, and compete less and less. (I am 53)
But i enjoy hanging around and watching newbies getting new skills, and getting involved in our sports.

Younger people can do it better.
50 year old can not compete with 25 year old, in difficult shooting positions, such as standing from stick.
It’s why golfers go down hill with age. People like Phil Michelson still hit it 330 on drives. Putting and fine motor skills go down hill.

There are sports for older people. Thats for sure.
That's why I specifically said "difficult shooting positions" to be for younger people.

One example is f-class shooting, invented by Canadian Farquharson, where older shooters can still compete, using rifles with scopes, on rest and bipod, in prone position, at longer ranges. Younger people, with better eyesight and in better shape (which helps with difficult positions) will not have advantage in this way. In the same time, all skills and experience, training and ballistics play the role, as well as classic shooting techniques (breathing, aiming, squeezing trigger, doping the wind etc).

I guess that’s kind of his point.

In his thing your shots 1-5 would not have won his first or second challenge.

Lots of people here could warm up, take their best 5 round group, and shoot sub 1. But that’s not a hunting scenario.
Those shot numbers as numbered were not in order. I just used hornady’s group analysis tool after the fact. I started on the outside and worked in for the 20 shots

Those shot numbers as numbered were not in order. I just used hornady’s group analysis tool after the fact. I started on the outside and worked in for the 20 shots
I see. Was some good shooting my man

Ì often shoot with my sons, 16 and 14 yrs old. I can still humble them when they get cocky but it is getting harder each year. :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GailZook1

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,