Safari Season 2024 Has Started - Where We Going?

Who are you booking with? You can easily get the Kafue lechwe in one day from Lusaka at the end of your trip and they are the biggest species of lechwe.
He’s booked with Strang Middleton. Strang has been someone I’ve talked to a bunch of times about planning a hunt in Zambia with. We’ve talked about Ele with the bow a few times and were discussing Moose Hunting in Canada together at DSC this year. When the opportunity to tag along on a hunt with him came up, it was a no brainer.

30 Days out from Botswana with NKWE. Kudu, Kudu, Kudu (no, this is not a misprint) of course my son will be taking one of them. Lol
Also, Eland, Gemsbok, Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Impala, Springbok.

@Mac13 when do you arrive at NKWE? I will be there from May 26th to June 4th

@Mac13 when do you arrive at NKWE? I will be there from May 26th to June 4th
Hey Pat. We fly into Maun on June 3rd. Might get to spend a night in camp together and tell some stories. I believe @MattVejar is their right now. His hunting report last year is one of the reasons I booked. Looking forward to his report this year when he gets back.
If wifi is good, I am planning on doing a live thread on here during the hunt. It's a way to journal the hunt for myself and everyone else on the forum can join along. If you did the same thing, we could have almost 3 weeks straight live thread with NKWE which would be pretty cool. I'm not going to get supper detailed with it, just pictures and a brief description as I don't want to be on my phone all the time. Leave a few Kudu for me! LOL

@Mac13 attaching a picture (with hunter cut out) that I got this morning from NKWE, They took this 63" kudu yesterday. You will likely see 25+ kudu bulls daily that will go into the mid 50" range or a little bigger, but the key is you have to let the 55-57" bulls walk if you want to get the 60"+!

d4bd0dd7-f954-4cf7-ae05-f149f4d407a7.jpeg

Well I see that NKWE has posted the full photo now as well

@Mac13 attaching a picture (with hunter cut out) that I got this morning from NKWE, They took this 63" kudu yesterday. You will likely see 25+ kudu bulls daily that will go into the mid 50" range or a little bigger, but the key is you have to let the 55-57" bulls walk if you want to get the 60"+!

View attachment 604181
@ MontanaPat, That's why you budget more than one, LOL. Hopefully we will just have the opportunity to just see one over 60". Such a majestic animal.

That's why you budget more than one, LOL. Hopefully we will just have the opportunity to just see one over 60". Such a majestic animal.
Whether it’s in your budget or not, you see that kind of kudu free range you shoot it!

In 10 days I'm off to the Khomas Highlands bringing a friend who's never hunted Namibia. He'll be looking for Mountain Zebra, big Kudu and whatever presents itself. I'll spend my days calling Jackal's with electronic call. Then we're off to the Eastern Cape for a cull shoot for a week after which my friend returns home.
I'm going to stay in the Eastern Cape and night shoot Jackals with thermals.
This will be my first safari with my own rifle. I've always been wary of the hassle that might occur however a post by Phillip Glass regarding this convinced me to try.

I started 2024 with a hunt in England in early January: Muntjac, Chinese Water deer, Fallow and Red deer, and pheasants.

September I’ll be in Namibia with Jamy Traut Safaris. My big sister is coming along with my dad. Sister has never hunted. My dad and I have an estimate of 90% that she will hunt something.

Montana for deer/elk/antelope in the Fall. Minnesota for deer and Turkey. And, a perennial favorite: archery squirrel hunting.

Looks like we (Dad and I) have a return trip in the works to go bird hunting again in Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories, but that might be in 2025.

My dad is 80. He is still moving quite well and very sharp. I’m trying to cherish these trips with him because it is unknown how many more I will get. A major reason for taking my older sister along is for us to get uninterrupted family time.

BTW: you can call them hunts, but I think most of these trips are exploring adventures with some hunting mixed in. Or, even more enticing: exploring adventures, with guns.

I am doing my first ever safari as well, actually my first time leaving North America. I depart the US on June 9th to hunt with @Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA. My menu currently consists of Zebra, Kudu, Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest, and Impala.
You'll be right behind my group. I head back to Nicks June 1-10.

This July I am taking family to Vic Falls and Chobe National Park for some site seeing and then everyone is off to Zim for buffalo and maybe tuskless elephant and possibly leopard, we shall see. Then later this fall I have a mule deer hunt in Colorado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabe

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg