Ruger old model 77 sells for more than current Hawkeye African sells for!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)

I like the old tangers as well as the next guy, but this makes no sense to me at all. You can buy a NIB Hawkeye African with CRF, longer barrel, two stock bolts and probably a better pad for less!

I dont get it.

Attachments

• ULTRA RARE 1989 Ruger M77 .35 WHELEN Red Pad Tang Safety 22” Collector - Bolt Action Rifles at...pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Oh, I get it. This one is "ULTRA RARE" and not just rare. I'm surprised "SCARCE" wasn't in the description somewhere? LOL. And once again some moronic GB buyer will buy it and bury it in his gun safe never to be seen again until his heirs post it on GB AGAIN after his passing.

Time the winner gets it home with shipping, dealer fees and possible taxes on his end, he will be in it well over $2K
It may be worth it to him, but it would not normally go for that amount. I watch for these and a more likely price would be between $800 to $1200, which is still a lot for what it is.
He paid too much.

It’s a 35 Whelen… gross if it was a 243 I would buy it.

But it’s a .35whelen. I need an expert opinion on the price, let me call a friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AveryOox04

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani