Report Scam in AH Classifieds

I use this website verifying tool. I don't do business with anyone with a score less than 75, and anything under 100 I'm skeptical.
Same here. If a search gets me to a site I don't recognize, this is the first step to determine if it's worth looking at.

Hey guys,

I am selling some ammo and the gentleman in Texas who I’m selling it to alerted me to this. A guy joined this site @gepil54 on December 23rd and responded to his message stating that he could reach me at a given number. Please be careful and only communicate with the person who posts an offering. Y’all have a safe, happy New Year!

Beaufort

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive experienced scammers on two separate occasions. They are usually VERY NEW members and if their sellers there name is after the item their selling.
As Beaufort says they always want to deviate you off AH onto separate email or phone.
Bad people!

Hey guys,

I am selling some ammo and the gentleman in Texas who I’m selling it to alerted me to this. A guy joined this site on December 23rd and responded to his message stating that he could reach me at a given number. Here’s a link where he’s doing it on another site. Please be careful and only communicate with the person who posts an offering. Y’all have a safe, happy New Year!

Beaufort

Did you post all his info in the scammer thread here? Doesn't hurt to tag Brickburn and Jerome when you do either. Thanks for the heads up.

Same here. If a search gets me to a site I don't recognize, this is the first step to determine if it's worth looking at.
wow! thanks for this! i always suspected gunsamerica was a scam. just found out their score is 58.5

A member that had asked about something I had for sale in the classifieds had this message sent ver batim from motion122. I can't seem to pull up this douche bag so hopefully he is already deleted.

Hello mate,
You can reach out to the seller via his cell below for fast response, he haven't been online he last posted.
(385)269-9383
Great seller

A member that had asked about something I had for sale in the classifieds had this message sent ver batim from motion122. I can't seem to pull up this douche bag so hopefully he is already deleted.

Hello mate,
You can reach out to the seller via his cell below for fast response, he haven't been online he last posted.
(385)269-9383
Great seller
Thank you for reporting this scammer @Dirtdart. Typical, @.motion122 has been banned.

I believe almost any website where people can list items are going to be suspect on this thing. There are scammers everywhere it doesn’t necessarily mean the platform itself is a scam. Guns international is in the 50’s and there are plenty of reputable companies with listings on there.

Beware Optics and Ammo as well. they score 39.5. Remember any score below 75 is suspect
I got scammed by them a few years back, Wacked me for apx 300$ . I should of done a little research on them first, I believe the Better Business Bureau out of some town in Texas had several pages of complaints.

Please move if in the incorrect thread. I could not find the Scammer thread, but I may have a candidate. Account seems to be created to send me a message about a left hand CZ rifle. The OP did not know about it either.

Image1707075139.337401.jpg

I haven’t seen this scam yet on AH, but it is the popular one going around and I was hit up with It only a couple days ago trying to sell a set of Skis on FB.

Facts you all must understand. Every person reading this has had their credentials harvested(hacked) from some place at sometime. That Chevy forum you visited once? The registration for your kid’s school calendar? So your common username and password, or your email address and password for some site is On the darkweb and can be purchased with 10,000 other usernames and passwords for about a penny.

Now here is how your world gets turned upside down:

1.) You used that username and password on another site that does matter, like your bank, or your mobile provider, or some other financial site you care deeply about. Problem is, any high security site also requires you to use multi factor authentication too. So you have to put in a one-time PIN that comes to your phone.

2.) The scammer trying to buy your whatever or sell you a whatever says this: “You seem legit, but there are so many scams out there these days I need to verify your identity. I’m going to send you a code and you need to read it back to me“.

3.) That code is the PIN code for a one-time authentication at a site that matters: Airline, Bank, Cell, Travel, etc. If you give them that code, coupled with the already compromised username and password that happened to match another website that was hacked, they’ve got you. They can clean you out for your entire net worth and you are 100% finanancially liable. You didn’t protect your password, and you didn’t protect your PIN. The law says you deserve to lose everything and you’ll have no recourse.

wow! thanks for this! i always suspected gunsamerica was a scam. just found out their score is 58.5
Gunsamerica is not a scam, its a marketplace, just like this one. I have bought several guns from sellers there, its like all the others, do your diligence.

I stand corrected. I have tried to use them twice and just had bad experiences personally
One of the worst deals I had was from a seller on Guns International, got me banned for a time. Bought a rifle from a seller there that showed at my FFL with a crack in the stock, hard to see but I found it by looking closely.
Seller would not take it back, blamed me and my FFL for the crack. GI was of no help whatsoever and I gave them some grief over it and they banned me. I re registered later and actually sell there now on occasion as well as buy.
I have also had a couple of deals go south on Gunbroker, it can happen on any marketplace site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alo789xcom

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.