Replica ivory tusks

I have tusks at Collette's as well. They are done and just waiting on shipment right now. They were excellent in communications. Will post pics when they arrive. Mine was from Zim as well taken with CM safaris. The cost was very similar to what Don posted above

How long was the wait at Collette's?

Who has used this service and can you share photos and anything you learned from doing it? I'm considering that as an option for a hunt next month as it could take a long time to get ivory imported. Who would you recommend for making these? I will be hunting in Zim.
after reading, seeing and investigation i will be using Collett’s for my elephant tusks this April. they seem to be the best in my opinion.

Does anyone used someone in Namibia for making replicas or knows a taxidermist in Namibia that makes replicas?

I got replicas done as we can’t import elephant products into Oz. Mine aren’t a direct mold of my tusks but similar weight and finished to replicate mine from pics.

IMG_1830.jpeg
IMG_7537.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone used someone in Namibia for making replicas or knows a taxidermist in Namibia that makes replicas?
I just had some made at Kings Taxidermy in Okovorongo. They also did my mounts

I got replicas done as we can’t import elephant products into Oz. Mine aren’t a direct mold of my tusks but similar weight and finished to replicate mine from pics.
Love your bantengs!

Who has used this service and can you share photos and anything you learned from doing it? I'm considering that as an option for a hunt next month as it could take a long time to get ivory imported. Who would you recommend for making these? I will be hunting in Zim.
In my research Collets in Bulawayo is the best. their replicas can match your bulls exact weight per side complete with Ivory number stamps on each tusk. That is who I am using from my hunt in Zim this past week

In my research Collets in Bulawayo is the best. their replicas can match your bulls exact weight per side complete with Ivory number stamps on each tusk. That is who I am using from my hunt in Zim this past week
^^this

I just had some made at Kings Taxidermy in Okovorongo. They also did my mounts
Thanks. Do you have a picture and what kind of replica do they make, fiberglass? If you want you could also shoot me a DM.

Looking for some options for next year.

Can you provide us your costs please? I just dropped mine off there and it would be of great help. Thanks!!!
Agreed...it would be great for several of us to see the costs if you don't mind sharing. Thanks. This is also a great way to capture the memory of non-trophy ivory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theapollotattoostudio

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.