Remington core lokt

The only problem with Remington Core Lokts today is the price, I guess I'm just not up to date on ammunition costs today. Every time I pull out my old stock the pricing on the boxes makes me smile. It's the same with primers, my current Magnum rifle Remington primers has a $14 sticker on the box of 1,000. Sometimes I think what investments I made 20 years ago ...lol
I agree. Before the Scamdemic, Remington 225gr. .338WM Core Lokts were $52/box here. Barnes TTSXs were $46/box. Go figure. Now, since Vista Outdoors owns Remington ammo, they put a one cent plastic tip on the Core Lokt and want at least half again the cost for a box for any cartridge. Forget the .338s at their pricing.

I’ve actually shot all of my elk here with my Browning A Bolt .338WM with 225gr. Core Lokts. Until I became an AH member a few years ago and started reading all the bullet threads, I didn’t know the Core Lokts don’t work on game. Especially in Africa. I should have known better. LOL
In addition, my hunting buddy and his son went to Newfoundland four years ago and took my Browning as a “back up” rifle. Well, they ended up using my .338 with 225gr. Core Lokts and killed two moose, a caribou and a black bear with it. All one shot kills. Surprising because usually they can’t hit an old Chevy at 100 yds with THEIR rifles. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeFranke

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.