Pay It Forward-Free

@Rez Exelon,

Just curious, wanting to know your personal experience as I might be interested in your Hawke 30mm rings.

Did you have the Hawke rings mounted on any rifle? If so what caliber? How would you compare them to Warne mounts and rings?

I saw the Hawke brand for the first time yesterday at a somewhat LGS. They look to be as good as Warne at a 1/3 of the price. The set I was looking at seemed to be a bit narrower than the Warnes which would allow me more eye relief on my scope that is mounted on my 458WM.

RR
I never have used a set. If I recall correctly I got them at an estate sale as part of a package. IIRC they'll probably cost as much to ship as they would cost new. So I'm really pretty bad to ask. You're welcome to be the guinea pig on them!

I never have used a set. If I recall correctly I got them at an estate sale as part of a package. IIRC they'll probably cost as much to ship as they would cost new. So I'm really pretty bad to ask. You're welcome to be the guinea pig on them!
Geez Thanks.

Ok...I'll take them...to try...with the understanding If they don't work I can repost them listing them as your previous item and I'm not taking an item just to repost it as mine.

PM sent

One thing I realize, I probably need to do is clarify the type of rings they are --- these are the 9-11 dovetail extension ones. So they may not work for you.

One thing I realize, I probably need to do is clarify the type of rings they are --- these are the 9-11 dovetail extension ones. So they may not work for you.
Can you post a photo, please? As these may not be what I think they are.

IMG20240406163651.jpg

I did not see these yesterday at the LGS.
I believe you are correct these will not work for my intend purposes so I shall withdraw my I'll take them and hopefully someone else can put these to good use.

Thanks for adding the photo and allowing me first dibs.

Somebody wanted some Africa reading, I offered him my paperback "Green Hills of Africa" if he'd pay shipping. he most courteously did not reply.
So, who want's it, I'll pay the $3 or whatever.
Please note, in the spirit of "Pay It Forward" I am NOT paying this back. It's an up-front thing, which is what I perceive "pay it forward" to mean.
Sermonette is concluded, please put 10% of your net worth in the plate as it comes by.

Oh, send me a pm if you want this, I may well miss it if you just say "I want it" here.

Cleaning out some more items and I figure I’ll throw a couple of them here.

Nothing fancy.

The first is a cantilever mount for a Mossberg 500. Package is jacked up but the mount is fine.

Next up, a choke case from Remington.

Finally, a bunch of random patches.

I won’t split the patches, that’s too much of a headache. If you want one, you get them all.

Jeb

IMG_3917.jpeg
IMG_3900.jpeg
IMG_3899.jpeg
IMG_3893.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to take the choke case from Remington. Thank you!

So having been the recipient of @dtec41 's kindness on paying forward some bullets from @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION I am by honor posting up here. I've got several things that could probably use new homes that I've had set aside, so I'm just going to pop the list up.

• Allen Low Profile Shotgun Sight Kit. This is a single pack for "Most Remington 12 Gauge Guns, Benelli 12 Gauge Guns, Browning BPS guns"
  • Hawke 9-11mm Dovetail rings - 1" and 30mm
  • Leupold 55742 Sav 10/110 STD bases - $10
  • Leupold 49898 1" Low Rings
  • Blackhawk 37CL119BK "Tier Stacked Mag Pouch M4/FAL 20"
  • RCBS Beam Scale - Missing it's pan but otherwise appears new
  • UTG Blank Firing Adapter
  • Lee Auto-Prime (circle style)
  • Butler Creek LULA AK47/Galil Item 24216 loader for 7.62/5.56 mags
I don't really have pictures of any of it, but I can grab some if needed. All of it except the RCBS Scale and the Lee Auto-Prime.

Scale, Auto-prime, Leupold 49898 are gone. I'm chucking the rest to a local charity to sell the rest for now.

For claiming @Woodcarvers .224 bullets, I am putting up a 50 count bag of new Remington 444 brasView attachment 597922s.
I could really use these. I'll take them on the condition that I have not broken any rules by requesting them since I did get dies recently (but did post up bullets in response). I'll take the .444 brass. Pm coming

I could really use these. I'll take them on the condition that I have not broken any rules by requesting them since I did get dies recently (but did post up bullets in response). I'll take the .444 brass. Pm coming

They are yours. I'll have them in the mail Thursday, 11 April.

I saw that and it made me wish I had a 444. I've been eyeing them but I just have zero way to justify it. Ran into some supplies at the big show in Tulsa over the weekend that I passed on too /sigh/

I saw that and it made me wish I had a 444. I've been eyeing them but I just have zero way to justify it. Ran into some supplies at the big show in Tulsa over the weekend that I passed on too /sigh/

With a 44-40, 44 Rem Mag, 375H&H, 458WM, and 45-70, I figured they needed someone who could use them as I wouldn't be needing these for anything in the near future.

Two years ago I walked into a local gun shop hoping to find a 45/70. SE PA had just become a "straight walled cartridge" area for deer and I wanted to optimize my local deer hunting with a rifle. On the rack was a beautiful 1984 Marlin .444 that looked like it had never been shot. At this point, even Henry's were unobtainable so I bought this and set about getting it ready to hunt with. I paid $700 which was a steal even before the pandemic. Still rounding up reloading components for it but made due the last two seasons with old factory rounds I found at gun shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vanzierho

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.