Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SSAA, ADA, ACTA, SCI
Hunted
Australia, NZ, RSA
Some fine Rigby wares on display at a toy shop I visted this week.

IMG_7274 2.jpg
IMG_7276.jpg

Yay, I can afford a Rigby catalogue. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Seriously, beautiful rifle! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Mate did you have enough to get a price on that toy?

I went in to buy a Swaro scope cover - didn't have my size. So I walked out none the poorer for my visit - an uncommon occurence. :rolleyes:

I tried to tell them that RIgby were running a special half price Tuesday promotion ;)

They weren't buying it :(

@PARA45 @uplander01 I think anyone who is half serious gets a compliementary catalogue (y)

If anyone was on a budget, the .450 Rigby crackers were only $40 .... each. ;)

The presentation cartridge case was special - I might have to have a go making one.:unsure:

Last edited:
Nice display, The rigby booth at SCI kept dragging me in, having several safaris planned a new rifle from them wasn't in the cards.
@Tintin the cartridge case should be fairly easy to make. I might need to follow your lead on making one to.

AUD I think
Yep ~ US$11,000

The AUD has been referred to as the South Pacific Peso
:ROFLMAO:

Nice display, The rigby booth at SCI kept dragging me in, having several safaris planned a new rifle from them wasn't in the cards.
I guess the toy shop in question don't move enough product to get the SCI tent and the Land Rover.

'They' say their are 'thing' people and 'experience' people - I guess 'experience' people favour another safari over another rifle if faced with the choice.

@Tintin the cartridge case should be fairly easy to make. I might need to follow your lead on making one to.

'fairly easy' is relative to skill of the individual undertaking the attempt :ROFLMAO: - no doubt yours will turn out better than mine - I'm pretty much a numpty level woodworker

Last edited:
As a carpenter/cabinetmaker by trade, for $395 I would expect better hardware on the box than the $2 catch and hinges, also the joinery is "average " . There also doesn’t appear to be anything to stop the cartridges from banging forward and damaging the tips of the projectiles. At least the screwdriver slots line up
gumpy

the rifle looks nice though

Nice.

That ole dusty whisky bottle in front of the catalogue, was that display or “available”

I would like a classic rifle but I would like a lot of other things.

Nice.

That ole dusty whisky bottle in front of the catalogue, was that display or “available”
Not sure Chris - I suspect it both :ROFLMAO:

IIRC it's been there 'ageing' for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabe

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg