on a lighter note...

Image1712676388.859026.jpg

1712678085391.png

You’ve got to get that straight BEFORE getting married!

My mistake was thinking; with our similar backgrounds and her claiming she enjoyed the outdoors, shooting, fishing, camping and wanting to learn how to hunt. We thought we were a great match.

Her mistake was thinking she could domesticate me into a couch husband and my full participation on her definition of dream vacations.(ie. In the hottest part of summer: going to the beach, laying on a towel or stretched out on a lounge chair getting a sunburn. No swimming in the ocean. This also included No late night "skinny dipping". No fishing.)(In the fall (height of deer season) camping: cozy cabin with a fireplace and all the amenities. Just lounging around. No hiking in the woods. No hunting. No fishing.)

Well...sh!t happens....and not until after months of dating, acople of months living together, and we had gotten married did our employer ("Uncle Sam") afford us the time off together that we learned our definitions on camping, fishing, hunting, and "hunting camp" were at the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.

(Rhetorical Question Ladies.....and guys)

Why is it women date and/or live with a guy without wanting to change him.....and POOF....as soon as they get married, women instantly turn into "Mrs Hyde" insisting the guy stops doing what he likes and changing the guy from what she seemingly admired him for.

No offense to anyone named Hyde or Jeckle. Referring to Dr. Jeckle/Mr Hyde, horror movie.

Reminds me of 2 different events at the range.
Both cases the ranges were packed with shooters with various calibers of rifles and handguns. Their respective paper targets showed the shooters and firearms could hit the targets.

First incidentat tge 50 yard range: a covey of quail came down one side burm in a single file calmly walking across the width of the range, unskaved and unmolested by all the bullets the shooters' were shooting at them. They calmly walked up the other side range burm under continued heavy fire and into the woods. Not one quail was injured.

Second incident at 50 yard range: involved a grouse (IIRC) same thing as the quail.

(Although it was during hunting season, the calibers and weapons used, none were legal to shoot the birds in the field/woods.)

Not during any hunting season. Military live fire range. A cease fire was called to allow a deer to feed through from one side to the other side of the range.

My mistake was thinking; with our similar backgrounds and her claiming she enjoyed the outdoors, shooting, fishing, camping and wanting to learn how to hunt. We thought we were a great match.

Her mistake was thinking she could domesticate me into a couch husband and my full participation on her definition of dream vacations.(ie. In the hottest part of summer: going to the beach, laying on a towel or stretched out on a lounge chair getting a sunburn. No swimming in the ocean. This also included No late night "skinny dipping". No fishing.)(In the fall (height of deer season) camping: cozy cabin with a fireplace and all the amenities. Just lounging around. No hiking in the woods. No hunting. No fishing.)

Well...sh!t happens....and not until after months of dating, acople of months living together, and we had gotten married did our employer ("Uncle Sam") afford us the time off together that we learned our definitions on camping, fishing, hunting, and "hunting camp" were at the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.

Why is it women date and/or live with a guy without wanting to change him.....and POOF....as soon as they get married, women instantly turn into "Mrs Hyde" insisting the guy stops doing what he likes and changing the guy from what she seemingly admired him for.

No offense to anyone named Hyde or Jeckle. Referring to Dr. Jeckle/Mr Hyde, horror movie.
And people wonder how "stereotypes" get started, :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of 2 different events at the range.
Both cases the ranges were packed with shooters with various calibers of rifles and handguns. Their respective paper targets showed the shooters and firearms could hit the targets.

First incidentat tge 50 yard range: a covey of quail came down one side burm in a single file calmly walking across the width of the range, unskaved and unmolested by all the bullets the shooters' were shooting at them. They calmly walked up the other side range burm under continued heavy fire and into the woods. Not one quail was injured.

Second incident at 50 yard range: involved a grouse (IIRC) same thing as the quail.

(Although it was during hunting season, the calibers and weapons used, none were legal to shoot the birds in the field/woods.)

Not during any hunting season. Military live fire range. A cease fire was called to allow a deer to feed through from one side to the other side of the range.
And would you believe, two sets of shed antlers behind the target backstop in Mesquite, TX!? (both single drop tines no less.)

This seems mighty familiar
Asked pharmacist if there was something to kill that wouldn’t show up in an autopsy
Freaked out poor bugger
My sense of Humor
Does anyone know of something that would fit the bill/situation ??
Just asking for Bob actually

I resent that comment. Today's Air Force members are too sensitive to tolerate those words. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Is it me, or are almost all the (ex)military members on AH either Navy or Army men, while I cannot remember any members being Air Force?

I made it crystal clear by the third date, that if ever I had to choose between hunting/guns/etc and her, within reason of course, that would be grounds to break things off.

Happy wife, happy life means also happy husband, happy wife. It takes compromise from all sides, but with some well defined red lines that should not be crossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GildaHarkn

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….