New toy

I also own one but its winter in Minnesota so I'm going to try it out at the indoor Pistol range

How are the Garmins holding up against the Labradar for accuracy and ease of setup/use?

I was at the range and the guy next to me was using the Garmin and me the Labradar. They were very close to each other in speed.

Does the Garmin track projectile speed down range as the Labradar does ?

How are the Garmins holding up against the Labradar for accuracy and ease of setup/use?
The Garmin couldn’t be any easier to use: turn it on, pick the weapon type/velocity range, point it in the right direction and shoot.

As far as accuracy, comparisons that I have seen show them giving about the same reading. Whether they are equally right or equally wrong, I have no way to determine. But the velocities I’ve measured so far are certainly believable.

Have tested the Garmin against a MagnetoSpeed V3. Have had LabRadar, Magnetospeed, and Garmin. So far the Garmin has been the easiest to use.

Screenshot_20240223_203145_Gallery.jpg

I have a magnetospeed and a Garmin. Only issue I’ve had is that muzzleblast (I have some brakes) can push it off line (it needs to be within 18 inches of the muzzle). I’ve also used other people’s labradar. The Garmin wins on portability, ease of use, and unlike the magnetospeed it doesn’t alter POI.

My favorite of the bunch so far although I hear labradar is coming out with a similar model.

I have a magnetospeed and a Garmin. Only issue I’ve had is that muzzleblast (I have some brakes) can push it off line (it needs to be within 18 inches of the muzzle). I’ve also used other people’s labradar. The Garmin wins on portability, ease of use, and unlike the magnetospeed it doesn’t alter POI.

My favorite of the bunch so far although I hear labradar is coming out with a similar model.

They do have one coming out.

I also own one but its winter in Minnesota so I'm going to try it out at the indoor Pistol range

Is it winter in MN? I can't tell, I'm NW of Cloquet and we don't have any snow, it's 41 and sunny, the river next to me is wide open.

Makes me wonder if the fury is going to come 10-fold over the next couple of months or if we're really not going to have a winter.

I was an early adopter of the Labradar and have had mine for years. I hate it.

None of the "features" work as advertised. I tried updating the firmware once but the instructions on the website were so bad I ended up giving up. Mine does give me speed at the muzzle about 95% of the time so I keep using the damn thing alongside a pen and paper to make a record of what I observe.

I hope Garmin eats their lunch. They had the only game in town for a long time and squandered the advantage with crappy customer service.

Does the Garmin track the speed all the way to the target. So you know the speed at 100 yards

Or only at the muzzle ?
Short answer is no. What we have done is set them up at 100,200, 300, and so on and shot over them. It will pick up your speed down range. I'm not sure why one would need to. Tacking down range has never been on my list of requirements. We will use Bryan Litz published BC numbers and a good velocity. Hits out to a mile are pretty common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanaJeter

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.