New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

Just got to shop and looked again
The No1 275 Rigby will in No1 Light Sporter

Just got to shop and looked again
The No1 275 Rigby will in No1 Light Sporter
With sights like the previous model? I was able to find one of these last year on GB, it was listed with the lever rifles.

Have you seen any other No. 1's yet? I heard Lee Newton designed one in 280 AI, stainless with high grade walnut. Are any International models planned?

With sights like the previous model? I was able to find one of these last year on GB, it was listed with the lever rifles.

Have you seen any other No. 1's yet? I heard Lee Newton designed one in 280 AI, stainless with high grade walnut. Are any International models planned?
Yes the 275 Rigby will have sights.
only other No1 listed is 1B Sporter in 257 Weatherby
No International models other than 77 stainless in 6.5x55

Also Sports South Inc. will have some Ruger Exclusives later this year
I have back ordered some for AH members already
Hawkeye African in 300 win mag and 338 win mag

Last edited:
Unbelievably I was able to snag one of these beauties on gun broker tonight, and the price was under $2k! I don’t feel too bad paying a little over msrp considering how limited the availability is on these rifles. This rifle will join my M77 tang safety in 25-06 and my M77 MKII in 30-06. Making for a battery of all three variants of the M77’s and all three chambered in a 30-06 based cartridge. This really scratches my the OCD side of me lol

Can’t wait to get the rifle, if anyone has anymore accuracy reports or pictures I’d love to see them!

Unbelievably I was able to snag one of these beauties on gun broker tonight, and the price was under $2k! I don’t feel too bad paying a little over msrp considering how limited the availability is on these rifles. This rifle will join my M77 tang safety in 25-06 and my M77 MKII in 30-06. Making for a battery of all three variants of the M77’s and all three chambered in a 30-06 based cartridge. This really scratches my the OCD side of me lol

Can’t wait to get the rifle, if anyone has anymore accuracy reports or pictures I’d love to see them!
Congratulations!

Funny enough I was watching the auction to see what it would bring.

Mine likes the 250 grain Norma oryx. Mainly because it was available right now. A trigger job will more than likely be necessary, or get a timney, you just have to watch fitting the safety stuff . I can try to look up the exact powder charge tomorrow. It was Varget

Mine likes the 250 grain Norma oryx. Mainly because it was available right now. A trigger job will more than likely be necessary, or get a timney, you just have to watch fitting the safety stuff . I can try to look up the exact powder charge tomorrow. It was Varget
I hope Ruger, Lipseys, et al, is watching this thread. The demand is present in the market. Make some more.

@Fryeguy
Try Higdon CFE223 with the 250s. Speer lists the loads and I get 2,700fps with the 250 Speer, Woodleigh and Hornady. The Hornady 250 round nose clocks in at a nice 2,680fps
Bob

I hope Ruger, Lipseys, et al, is watching this thread. The demand is present in the market. Make some more.
@cajunchefray
I'm hoping to get to the USA next year to catch up with a few people like @Rick HOlbert and a few others. Rick is only about 20 odd miles from you so maybe we can all catch up and chew the fat and compare notes on the Whelen.
Bob

We had 10 35 whelens on order. I have only received 1 out of the first batch Lipseys got in. Hoping for some soon Rep told me. 4 more are spoken for to AH members if and when we get them.
Just for AH members we priced ours at $1325 to AHers.

We did receive this week our first
6.6x55 International. It went to an AHer also. Have several more backordered.

No 22 hornet Africans have been shipped yet.

If any one wants on my list just PM me.

Mark

We had 10 35 whelens on order. I have only received 1 out of the first batch Lipseys got in. Hoping for some soon Rep told me. 4 more are spoken for to AH members if and when we get them.
Just for AH members we priced ours at $1325 to AHers.

We did receive this week our first
6.6x55 International. It went to an AHer also. Have several more backordered.

No 22 hornet Africans have been shipped yet.

If any one wants on my list just PM me.

Mark
I am one of the ones on Marks list, he is a great guy to do business with and a sponsor here. Get your order in and know you are doing the right thing. Mac

I am one of the ones on Marks list, he is a great guy to do business with and a sponsor here. Get your order in and know you are doing the right thing. Mac

Your No3 on list. 1st and 2nd go to same AHer.

Follow up on load info. Norma brass, CCI #200 primers, Varget 56.0, 250 Norma oryx. Last 3 I shot to confirm load were 0.675”. It was a nice little triangle. Loaded to fit magazine. Not sure how far off the lands it was. Avg 2466fps. The only load that was over 2” was the 225 ballistic tip. Almost all loads were under 1.5”. 180 Speer flat nose I haven’t played with much, and first attempt accuracy was complete crap. Like 3” or more. I was going to use those for practice off sticks etc. just a cheap bullet instead of the Norma

Follow up on load info. Norma brass, CCI #200 primers, Varget 56.0, 250 Norma oryx. Last 3 I shot to confirm load were 0.675”. It was a nice little triangle. Loaded to fit magazine. Not sure how far off the lands it was. Avg 2466fps. The only load that was over 2” was the 225 ballistic tip. Almost all loads were under 1.5”. 180 Speer flat nose I haven’t played with much, and first attempt accuracy was complete crap. Like 3” or more. I was going to use those for practice off sticks etc. just a cheap bullet instead of the Norma
@Fryeguy
Mate the 250gn Hornady round nose loaded to 2,680fps with a dose of CFE223 cuts clover leafs. It does get your attention a bit off the bench compared to factory loads but still very comfortable.
Bob

Thank you Sir! I was going to invite Bob Nelson to Oklahoma however he said he would bring vegamite. Nope, no way. Had some back in my Navy days when we went down under. Questioning my decision now might go 243.
@USN
VEGEMITE is definitely an acquired taste.
Oklahoma is a bit out of my way to Louisiana but thanks anyway.
If'n y'all but a 243 I will send you a sympathy card for you descion unless you just plan to shoot paper with it
Bob

@USN
VEGEMITE is definitely an acquired taste.
Oklahoma is a bit out of my way to Louisiana but thanks anyway.
If'n y'all but a 243 I will send you a sympathy card for you descion unless you just plan to shoot paper with it
Bob
Oh well you have an invite anyway, I can use the vegamite to keep critters out of my garden. Actually thinking the 35 Bob Nelson whelen as feral pig medicine. Use a sig 716 now. Wish the BN 35 whelen would have been here sooner to acquire due to end of the month back to Africa for a buffalo and kudu and if time allows bush pig. 35 whelen would be perfect for kudu and bush pig but will have to settle on a one gun trip. 375 h&h
Older and a semi for pigs is great but have to haul the damn things off so a bolt action may mean less work. One at a time or maybe 2 if lined up.
My thought 243 would shoot’em in the ass and maybe go to neighbor place to expire. Boys use 223 and then track, nope not my plan. And joking about tail shoot, well maybe joke.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GordonBees

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.