93marlin

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, Harbor Springs OD club, OGCA
Hunted
United States & Canada
I would like to see how many of you all use or own hammer double rifles.
I have owned 3, 577 percussion, 500bpe, and a 11mm Mauser.
The 577, even though it was really nice and had the original wooden case, was sold. The other two I still own. The 11mm is my bear gun.

I own two... a Lyon & Lyon .577 3" BPE proofed for the 167/650 load, made 1900 and a Manton & Co. in .470NE, made 1910..

Rifles1.jpg

All my double rifles and shotguns have internal hammers. Oldest Parker gun was made in 1900, but still a modern gun. To each his own.

I would like to see how many of you all use or own hammer double rifles.
I have owned 3, 577 percussion, 500bpe, and a 11mm Mauser.
The 577, even though it was really nice and had the original wooden case, was sold. The other two I still own. The 11mm is my bear gun.
I have a I. Hollis 450 Express, and George Gibbs 500 BPE.
Hope to add a 10 Bore and a 577 to the collection. Also a few German double's (16 bore under lever, 16x9.3/72R cape gun, and a 43 Mauser double under lever.)
Cheers

The title made me think the hammer was doubling as in bounce! LOL.

I have an 1889 Remington exposed hammer 12 ga with 2 5/8 chambers. Currently in the restoration process so I can use the ole girl in the field.

I have an 1889 Remington exposed hammer 12 ga with 2 5/8 chambers. Currently in the restoration process so I can use the ole girl in the field.
Me French hammer 12ga has 2 1/2 inch chambers with steel barrel's. I've shot it a bunch!

I only have a few hammer doubles, all bigger bores. I have a Rodda 4 bore, Holland & Holland 8 bore, and Holland & Holland howdah pistol in .577 Snyder (pretty sure that still counts eventhough it’s a pistol). All are Jones under lever guns and very fun. Have not gotten to hunt with them yet unfortunately but would like to do so.

Those are BIG bore guns!!
I only have a few hammer doubles, all bigger bores. I have a Rodda 4 bore, Holland & Holland 8 bore, and Holland & Holland howdah pistol in .577 Snyder (pretty sure that still counts eventhough it’s a pistol). All are Jones under lever guns and very fun. Have not gotten to hunt with them yet unfortunately but would like to do so.
Those are BIG bore guns!
They must be great fun.

My Alex Henry .450 made in 1894. It has all the bells and whistles that I like and it is a bar action. And as you can see, it can still go up the hill and bring home the deer.

20201226_085518.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Using it for what it was made for!
Very nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnHar

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !