Music Enthusiasts?

Cat Steven's: Troubles, etc.
Loggins & Messina: Angry Eyes "jam"
Emerson Lake & Palmer: Lucky man

Last edited:
No worries @Daniel Cary, we all need a break from the world once in a while. Im a product of the 60s so my time is 60s-70s. I like the rock of that time but not stuck there either. I also like some of the old classics especially the work of Tchaikovsky. But also equally enjoy more modern new age like that produced by McKennitt.

You asked for it so.... :)

A classic British rock band, The Who, recorded this in 1978 of their flagship song from 1971, Won't Get Fooled Again. What a show with the stoic "Mr Spock" demeanor of John Entwistle contrasting with the other three!! A hoot to watch and listen to.

Another, IMO one of the most important groups from my time, was Eric Burdon And The Animals, also a Brit invasion band. Hard to believe but this classic is from 60 years ago, 1964.

IMO this particular performance was one of the best ever by any group, Already Gone by The Eagles- I believe 1974? Sometimes these cannot be duplicated even in controlled conditions of a studio and unfortunately almost without exception the video and sound quality suffers. Nonetheless impressive work, especially by Felder.

Last, three of many similar by various groups of that era, I remember sitting in a snack bar with buddies listening to some of these over and over. The Animals, CCR and it wouldn't be completely representaive of that time without this Steppenwolf

Last edited:
No worries @Daniel Cary, we all need a break from the world once in a while. Im a product of the 60s so my time is 60s-70s. I like the rock of that time but not stuck there either. I also like some of the old classics especially the work of Tchaikovsky. But also equally enjoy more modern new age like that produced by McKennitt.

You asked for it so.... :)

A classic British rock band, The Who, recorded this in 1978 of their flagship song from 1971, Won't Get Fooled Again. What a show with the stoic "Mr Spock" demeanor of John Entwistle contrasting with the other three!! A hoot to watch and listen to.

Another, IMO one of the most important groups from my time, was Eric Burdon And The Animals, also a Brit invasion band. Hard to believe but this classic is from 60 years ago, 1964.

IMO this particular performance was one of the best ever by any group, Already Gone by The Eagles- I believe 1974? Sometimes these cannot be duplicated even in controlled conditions of a studio and unfortunately almost without exception the video and sound quality suffers. Nonetheless impressive work, especially by Felder.

Last, three of many similar by various groups of that era, I remember sitting in a snack bar with buddies listening to some of these over and over. The Animals, CCR and it wouldn't be completely representaive of that time without this Steppenwolf
Unreal ; thank you. My Favorite "The Who"
"Pop Gear" 1965 British Music revue film: Herman's Hermit's, Peter & Gordon, etc. "The Animals" made it though,

Last edited:
I was a little too you to gain much appreciation for 60's rock. But my brother who is 5 years older than me rubbed off a bit. IMO, the following are the two best live performances that came out of the 60's.

Being a HS kid of the 80's my tastes ran from the above to Yes, Rush (Neil Peart provided some amazing performances I got to see in person), and yes I'm a bit of a metal head also with Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin being favorites....my list goes on and on.

Just never caught much of the country bug, although I do have a liking for Clint Black's music.

Yah not exactly what you'd guess from someone who prefers the quiet solitude of hunting or wading an Idaho spring creek for trout. What can I say?

I was a little too you to gain much appreciation for 60's rock. But my brother who is 5 years older than me rubbed off a bit. IMO, the following are the two best live performances that came out of the 60's.

Being a HS kid of the 80's my tastes ran from the above to Yes, Rush (Neil Peart provided some amazing performances I got to see in person), and yes I'm a bit of a metal head also with Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin being favorites....my list goes on and on.

Just never caught much of the country bug, although I do have a liking for Clint Black's music.

Yah not exactly what you'd guess from someone who prefers the quiet solitude of hunting or wading an Idaho spring creek for trout. What can I say?
There are songs on Santana albums, if never heard, they are great. Hendrix, Rush albums "Dreamline"! In conclusions "Rock was inspired from Blues". My Ma hates this pic, did not want this up but, oh well. They came to a club where my brothers were playing in Cleveland. They were drunk & James was pinching her butt in the photo, Ma was pissed ;

Thanks for sharing. It just brings back memories of really good music.

1711118313042.png

Last edited:
I like good music classic rock, classic country pre 1985 is classic, to me not saying there hasn't been awesome music since.Country; Hank Williams Sr & Jr, Waylon, Faron Young, Webb Pierce, Charley Pride, Johnny Cash,Dolly, Loretta, and of course Patsy Cline may have been the best country voice. Rock; Lynard Skynard, Ted Nugent, Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, The Eagles an awesome band,Rolling Stones, I'm missing several in each category. Modern Country; George Straight, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Turnpike Troubadours, and if you haven't heard Shane Smith and the Saints you're missing out, Aaron Lewis is a dandy also. Bluegrass is a favorite of mine, Gospel music from Southern gospel to some of the modern worship music.

I like good music classic rock, classic country pre 1985 is classic, to me not saying there hasn't been awesome music since.Country; Hank Williams Sr & Jr, Waylon, Faron Young, Webb Pierce, Charley Pride, Johnny Cash,Dolly, Loretta, and of course Patsy Cline may have been the best country voice. Rock; Lynard Skynard, Ted Nugent, Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, The Eagles an awesome band,Rolling Stones, I'm missing several in each category. Modern Country; George Straight, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Turnpike Troubadours, and if you haven't heard Shane Smith and the Saints you're missing out, Aaron Lewis is a dandy also. Bluegrass is a favorite of mine, Gospel music from Southern gospel to some of the modern worship music.

I don't let this thread breathe, I'm sorry. My Ma (in front) grew up with Ted Nugent (back left). She's here enjoying everyone's comments, thank you AH. But Ted was a pretty wild child back then.
1711122758284.png

Warren Zevon was not everyone's taste - ignored this year again by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Among his sins were some of his politically incorrect if historically accurate ballads.

Vera Cruz

Leave my Monkey alone

along with Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money are favorites

An I almost forgot Frank and Jesse James

Last edited:
I got to see some concerts back in the day
Moody Blues, back when Qualudes were .50 a piece You could here a pin drop at the old Chicago Stadium
Jethro Tull
CSN&Y
The Band
Bob Dylan
Stevie Ray Vaughaun before he became popular
Met and cooked for BB King (Salmon) when I was a Sous Chef in a Hotel where he stayed in Schaumberg IL,Gave me back stage passes for one of his shows. When I move to Minneapolis I was a Sous at a downtown hotel and served Sting Fettucini Alfredo ( autographed my CD). Was always a huge Santana and Steven Stills Fan. And admit to have a Huge Crush on Michelle Philips From the Mamas and Papas and Mary from Peter Paul and Mary.I also Knew most of the Guys from CHICAGO even before they called themselves Chicago my Lawyer was their first manager
I have a very large Record and Tape Collection and my Audio system has enough power to wake the Dead.I,m also a Moderator on a medium size Audio Forum

Last edited:
Warren Zevon was not everyone's taste - ignored this year again by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Among his sins were some of his politically incorrect if historically accurate ballads.

Vera Cruz

Leave my Monkey alone

along with Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money are favorites

An I almost forgot Frank and Jesse James
I want to listen to these yet, but "Werewolves Of London", awesome.

I got to see some concerts back in the day
Moody Blues, back when Qualudes were .50 a piece You could here a pin drop at the old Chicago Stadium
Jethro Tull
CSN&Y
The Band
Bob Dylan
Stevie Ray Vaughaun before he became popular
Met and cooked for BB King (Salmon) when I was a Sous Chef in a Hotel where he stayed in Schaumberg IL,Gave me back stage passes for one of his shows. When I move to Minneapolis I was a Sous at a downtown hotel and served Sting Fettucini Alfredo ( autographed my CD). Was always a huge Santana and Steven Stills Fan. And admit to have a Huge Crush on Michelle Philips From the Mamas and Papas and Mary from Peter Paul and Mary.I also Knew most of the Guys from CHICAGO even before they called themselves Chicago my Lawyer was their first manager
I have a very large Record and Tape Collection and my Audio system has enough power to wake the Dead.I,m also a Moderator on a medium size Audio Forum
Michelle Philips, I was hoping someone would've brought her up. Levon Helm & The Band, too many hits to list. Stevie Ray's finger picking style. Methaqualone. Chicago "Make me Smile". CSN, heard it a million times, but Steven Stills is great on this. Thank You.

1711125310767.png

I don't let this thread breathe, I'm sorry. My Ma (in front) grew up with Ted Nugent (back left). She's here enjoying everyone's comments, thank you AH. But Ted was a pretty wild child back then.
View attachment 594825
Thats Awesome, your Mom hanging with Ted when he was a kid and with the Moody Blues as an adult, quite a crowd

Can't believe I forgot, but I do have a strong liking for Willie Nelson and his style of guitar playing. Got to see him in Vegas a few years ago. At his age he as much speaks the lyrics as sings them, but what a grand time it was.

Can't believe I forgot, but I do have a strong liking for Willie Nelson and his style of guitar playing. Got to see him in Vegas a few years ago. At his age he as much speaks the lyrics as sings them, but what a grand time it was.
Willie is Very underrated as a Guitar Player

Ray Manzarek, Alan Price, John Paul Jones, Pinder. There used to be great keyboardists, organ, piano solos. Vox Continental, Farfisa, Hammond's

1711126899948.png

Love this Zeppelin song

Last edited:
Thats Awesome, your Mom hanging with Ted when he was a kid and with the Moody Blues as an adult, quite a crowd
I love that I grew up with music & the stories shared. But Ma said that the music was the only good thing that came out of that hippie generation. The drug indulgence was terrible & ruined many lives, families, etc.

In another life I was really into Texas and Red Dirt music (I’ve got a little more eclectic taste now). Seems like it was really starting to get big around the time I graduated high school. I don’t listen to music much anymore but I did get on a bit of a kick today.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.