Michael Sipple mauled by Cape buffalo prayer request

Speedy recovery and thanks to a couple of brave trackers.

Get well soon! Its a tough business at times.

I have only just seen this thread.

Great news to hear PH Michael is improving, let's hope he is on the road to a full recovery and no more risk from serious complications. Best wishes to him and his family at this worrying time.

Absolute respect to his trackers when confronted and dealing with this situation and those fellows in extracting him and getting him to medical care!!!

I think yet again this shows the risks Ph's and associated staff face day to day when they look after us clients, this is yet another reminder of the risks stepping out into the bushveld etc.

In most definitely reminds us to listen to what your Ph tells you, obviously you can't plan for ever eventuality, but having a injury and evac plan in place.

Once again wishing a very speedy and full recovery to Michael!!!

Since the last update on his condition/recovering on May 4th.

Is there any further updates as to how Michael is doing?

MichaelSipple2.jpg

Any updates?

Glad it wasn't worse outcome. Easily could have been fatal.

I am curious. I understand why the handicapped client was not allowed to go along for followup. However, I have seen many videos of followup on wounded Cape buffalo (very many actually) and I don't recall only one gun in the team. Was there a reason one of the trackers could not have been armed with the hunter's rifle (e.g. licensing)?
common practice especially if client is not in good physical shape.

So you're saying it's common practice to leave the client behind with his gun while PH goes after wounded DG with just one rifle? Who woulda thunk it.

And just like that (snapped fingers) You've opened up a whole new OP, and high jacked this one.

Okay, a disabled client IS NOT the same as a client that shows up at the outfitters door in piss poor shape due to laziness.

Actually 2 new aspects. Why was there only one gun, if indeed that was the case. The client was disabled to a degree the PH doesn't want him/her along on the finish with a wounded buffalo. We don't know for sure there was only one gun. We do know the client was disabled. That hits home. I'm hoping that come Sept. 2025 I'm fit and able but I've a long road to even 90%. My outfitter already knows and both he and my PH, might be him, will know exactly what I'll be capable of doing and while it would hurt if I screw up and wound a buffalo and my PH says stay behind, that is what I will have to do. But, please let us keep this on the original post.

AH members, let’s speculate on another new post. This should be reserved for our continued support of Michael’s speedy recovery.

Continued prayers on your recovery and blessings on all that helped you out of a tough situation.

HH

And just like that (snapped fingers) You've opened up a whole new OP, and high jacked this one.

Okay, a disabled client IS NOT the same as a client that shows up at the outfitters door in piss poor shape due to laziness.
I merely answered his question based on my years of experience hunting 5 countries in Africa with countless outfitters.

So you're saying it's common practice to leave the client behind with his gun while PH goes after wounded DG with just one rifle? Who woulda thunk it.
It is the Ph’s call. I know of many, many circumstances where this has happened. So yes sir it is a common practice depending on the circumstances.

I merely answered his question based on my years of experience hunting 5 countries in Africa with countless outfitters.
I hit the Post Reply button by mistake before I had finishing typing my reply. For some reason my full reply didn't get posted as I was trying to get a moderator to delete my partial post.

My second or rather more indepth post would have afforded a better, more defined understanding.

I wasn't meaning to sound derogatory to you or anyone.

@Hunting Hitman stated:

AH members, let’s speculate on another new post. This should be reserved for our continued support of Michael’s speedy recovery.

Continued prayers on your recovery and blessings on all that helped you out of a tough situation.

HH

I chose to yield and refrain from distracting from the purpose of this OP in the well wishes for Michael's speedy recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OUCIsis169

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.