Looking for my First Hunt

Welcome to AH, you are at the right forum to plan your hunt.

To everyone who as posted and @AaronR8 for posting the question; thank you for the information as i am in the same spot as @AaronR8 was a while back. However, my question goes further than just where to go.

my question is how do I get there -- Who do you all use for flights from the eastern US- I'll drive to any airport and fly any airline - How do I take my wife, and son without spending a years salary on the flights alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
To everyone who as posted and @AaronR8 for posting the question; thank you for the information as i am in the same spot as @AaronR8 was a while back. However, my question goes further than just where to go.

my question is how do I get there -- Who do you all use for flights from the eastern US- I'll drive to any airport and fly any airline - How do I take my wife, and son without spending a years salary on the flights alone?
United out of Newark has a direct flight to Johannesburg. Delta has a direct flight from Atlanta to Joburg. Economy round trip is about $1500. The use of a travel agent might be helpful to you. I use @TRAVEL EXPRESS Contact Jennifer and she'll find you a deal.

Thank you too all who have reached out with information and packages , there has been a lot.

I have chosen a package , flights are booked!

This site has been amazing!
@AaronR8
Now the hard part begins. THE WAITING TO GO.
Bob

I am looking to book my first African hunt next year preferably between March - June 2024.

As this will be my first hunt I am looking for a whole package dozen't necessarily need to be long in days and long species list but I want to make sure my first experience is amazing.

From what I read I could even be better on a cull hunt and I'm not too worried on trophy's in this point in time, a major factor is where I live at present, would be suited to some rungs maybe but I would have zero wall space.

I am budget conscious for my first time as no doubt it won't be my last time, once I get the taste there will be may more hunts to plan and look forward to I would imagine!

If there are any company that have starter packages or some good direction I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Aaron
Aaron, I have hunted South Africa a few times..last year was amazing...I don't keep the heads or taxidermy either...for me I would rather use the $ for the next hunt...we are going June 9-20th with Lianga Safari near Louis Trichardt....you can reach out to me for more info...you could go with us in our group if you are looking for a group to travel with. We fly direct out of ATL TO JNB

Let me know if you want to talk...Joe Livesay

You can find me on Facebook...I live in SW Florida but grew up in Indiana

Hallo Aaron. We are in Namibia. We have great hunting packages to offer, visit our website for more information www.leopardlegend.com
6 hunting days, Gemsbuck, Springbuck, Hartmann Zebra, Burchel Zebra, Steenbuck or Duiker,
Or make your own package and email us what you would like to hunt.

L'wyk
Owner and Big Game PH

I am looking to book my first African hunt next year preferably between March - June 2024.

As this will be my first hunt I am looking for a whole package dozen't necessarily need to be long in days and long species list but I want to make sure my first experience is amazing.

From what I read I could even be better on a cull hunt and I'm not too worried on trophy's in this point in time, a major factor is where I live at present, would be suited to some rungs maybe but I would have zero wall space.

I am budget conscious for my first time as no doubt it won't be my last time, once I get the taste there will be may more hunts to plan and look forward to I would imagine!

If there are any company that have starter packages or some good direction I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Aaron
Reach out Marius at @KMG Hunting Safaris

I have hunted with him twice and going back in July w a group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
writegenic.ai

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.