"Krieghoff Owner's Help"!!!

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Greetings AH. If anyone has any insight to this, attached is a couple pics of of Big 5, It's removable scope base and the Machine work underneath. It's difficult to see from the photos sent, however, I am unfamiliar with this set up and am wondering if this looks ok? Particularly a close up of the Machined work where the base fits.

Any Help sincerely appreciated.
Thank You. Respectfully, Daniel.
k2.jpg
k1.jpg

Again, I'm completely unfamiliar in this pov, but that edge looks a bit erroneous, maybe not? Idk?!?
k3.jpg

It looks good to me. I was a machinist/toolmaker and it looks like a good setup. A friend sent his Krieghoff back to them and had a Trijicon red dot sight installed where the removable block is, right in front of the breech. Didn't alter the gun at all. It looks like the same thing was done to yours, although I can't see the front pivot very good to see how that was installed.

It looks good to me. I was a machinist/toolmaker and it looks like a good setup. A friend sent his Krieghoff back to them and had a Trijicon red dot sight installed where the removable block is, right in front of the breech. Didn't alter the gun at all. It looks like the same thing was done to yours, although I can't see the front pivot very good to see how that was installed.
Thank You very much! .. The edge looked a bit abrasive, from what i can tell. This is a potential purchase. and I really don't know much about doubles fitted for optics. I'd prefer nothing attached in all honesty.
k.jpg

Looks like someone modified a pic rail to be used with the standard issue on a Krieghoff big 5. the bases on the rifle are desigend to work with a Recknagel style of rings.

I don't see anything wrong with the setup. Leave it off and use the iron sights as is. You have options to use optics if you want. Krieghoff did an excellent job for my friend, but wasn't cheap, but it was worth it and I was along when he took his elephant with the red dot equipped 375 flanged. Priceless!!!

Your setup is more involved.

I don't see anything wrong with the setup. Leave it off and use the iron sights as is. You have options to use optics if you want. Krieghoff did an excellent job for my friend, but wasn't cheap, but it was worth it and I was along when he took his elephant with the red dot equipped 375 flanged. Priceless!!!

Thank You! Very well appreciated!

I do have one more question! "Kick-Ezz" butt stock pads. Can these be removed without much effort, or a gunsmith???

Thank You!
k1.jpg

Below is a picture of my rifle. It came with bases preinstalled by Krieghoff. On the left 470NE barrels with red dot sight base and on the right 9.3x74R barrels with scope base for Recknagel swing mount. As far as I can see in your pictures everything looks ok.

I can’t help you with the butt pad as I have a non standard setup on my rifle.

Image1613580240.479164.jpg

Below is a picture of my rifle. It came with bases preinstalled by Krieghoff. On the left 470NE barrels with red dot sight base and on the right 9.3x74R barrels with scope base for Recknagel swing mount. As far as I can see in your pictures everything looks ok.

View attachment 389580
Thank You very much, this certainly helps put into perspective. I'm in an extremely narrow window of time .. but some of these Krieghoff's are indeed beautiful machines & yours's is no exception!

No worries, for what it’s worth I’m very happy with my rifle.

By looking at Kick EEZ web site, those look like any normal butt pad with two screws. Good luck

View attachment 389580
That is stunning. .. I contacted Krieghoff & a somewhat local distributer that has a big 5 readily available to ship, stock, no upgrades, etc. However, he was able to retrieve photos & it indeed has an appealing piece of Walnut. He said the 500 has a 15" LOP & claims all the Big 5's come standard in 15". I was wondering if that sounds accurate, if you find the time?

Many Thanks.

Hi Marcopolo, please can you tell us more about the hunt with the 375 FL? I presume solids, did he use 300 grain or 350 grain? Any other animals taken with the red dot at any range?

Hi Marcopolo, please can you tell us more about the hunt with the 375 FL? I presume solids, did he use 300 grain or 350 grain? Any other animals taken with the red dot at any range?
Markopolo, sorry.

That is stunning. .. I contacted Krieghoff & a somewhat local distributer that has a big 5 readily available to ship, stock, no upgrades, etc. However, he was able to retrieve photos & it indeed has an appealing piece of Walnut. He said the 500 has a 15" LOP & claims all the Big 5's come standard in 15". I was wondering if that sounds accurate, if you find the time?

Many Thanks.

I don’t know how much help my LOP is gonna be for you as my rifle was custom ordered with custom made stock (shape and length); I got measured for it at the K factory in Ulm. LOP to the first trigger is about 14” and 15” to the second one.

I don’t know how much help my LOP is gonna be for you as my rifle was custom ordered with custom made stock (shape and length); I got measured for it at the K factory in Ulm. LOP to the first trigger is about 14” and 15” to the second one.
Thoroughly understand. I ended up considering a different direction this am,?!?
Again, our thanks. Growing attached attn, too the K's.

My 500/416 has a 14.5 lop so I think his answer is about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrinidadOg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.