John Deere 440 Dozer/Crawler For Sale

CraigV

AH veteran
Reaction score
Ok, a bit of a strange one for here probably, but I know there are plenty of folks out there who are going to read this and say, "Dang, I need that"!

For sale, John Deere 440 Dozer/Crawler. It's a 2 cyl gas engine (I know in the pics the tin wear say's diesel, but it's definitely gas). It's starts and runs. Has a logging canopy. Winch, Johnson Bar/Reverser, and a manual blade.

It's equipped with flat or street shoes, so it doesn't dig into roads. Weight is around 7,000lbs.

It's not showroom ready, but with a bit of work could be perfect for a smaller land owner, or someone who want's to do some gardening on the weekend. You'll also be the only one in your neighborhood with one. Approved for most HOA's. No FFL Required!

Located in Northern Idaho

PM me for more info if interested.

$2,500.00

Thanks!

PXL_20240430_193801142.jpg
PXL_20240430_193743142.jpg
PXL_20240430_193748283.jpg
PXL_20240430_193808407.jpg
PXL_20240430_193829025.jpg
PXL_20240430_193838474.jpg
PXL_20240430_193845026.jpg
PXL_20240430_193854254.jpg
PXL_20240430_193940139.jpg
PXL_20240430_193954800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sold an old diesel 350 that didn't run for 1,500. Cost them another 1500 to get it running and still needed more work as the steering brakes were locked up from sitting almost 30 years.
So sounds like a good price to me

Man, the UPS guy is going to be really pissed. :ROFLMAO:

so how is it for pushing snow , that would be my primary use, and by the way i have an 1945 I H that runs and needs a new home

Man, I was JUST getting ready to post this too but I guess there goes my market!
View attachment 603325
Is that a cheese wheel? If so, how much does it weigh? And if it is a cheese wheel, is that personal use, or do you need a license for that?

Not the right place...
Geez Kevin,

Please tell me what the problem is. I've been a member for over 2 years, had decent posts and responses. I read the rules of the classifieds; it's not posted elsewhere. It is for sale. It is mine.

I've seen a lot of things in the classifieds over the last two years that aren't just guns. This is something anyone with a bit of land - which a lot of our members own, or a small parcel of land could use. heck, it could even plow your driveway, so you could get out, and catch a plane to Africa, and enjoy your safari. I'm offering it up to AH members before I post it elsewhere, because I appreciate the folks here, and honestly figured someone may actually put it to use.

If you want to keep this thread specifically Africa Hunting, then we need to delete a lot of subjects.

If a moderator want's to remove it, I respect that decision, otherwise I'd appreciate a little less negativity, especially from you.

Craig

so how is it for pushing snow , that would be my primary use, and by the way i have an 1945 I H that runs and needs a new home
CW,

Honestly I can't say. That's what I got it for, but ended up with a slightly bigger version. It's what it's made for - pushing, so should do fine. Especially if you're talking a drive or short road.

I've got a D6, and a D4 for big and small jobs. This is roughly 1959-1961. I can't remember the exact year based on serial No.

I use a lot of heavy equipment, and sometimes bigger isn't better, but then sometimes you need a D10!

Geez Kevin,

Please tell me what the problem is. I've been a member for over 2 years, had decent posts and responses. I read the rules of the classifieds; it's not posted elsewhere. It is for sale. It is mine.

I've seen a lot of things in the classifieds over the last two years that aren't just guns. This is something anyone with a bit of land - which a lot of our members own, or a small parcel of land could use. heck, it could even plow your driveway, so you could get out, and catch a plane to Africa, and enjoy your safari. I'm offering it up to AH members before I post it elsewhere, because I appreciate the folks here, and honestly figured someone may actually put it to use.

If you want to keep this thread specifically Africa Hunting, then we need to delete a lot of subjects.

If a moderator want's to remove it, I respect that decision, otherwise I'd appreciate a little less negativity, especially from you.

Craig
All good Craig, I just got out of the wrong side of the bed. Hope it sells. Kevin.

Very interesting. I had no idea that there had ever been a dozer powered by a gas twin. Especially one that said "diesel" on it.............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayJason

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg