illuminated reticle

The lighted reticle is a huge advantage in low light situations. If you have the ability to buy one and can legally use it, I would definitely recommend it.

@Ontario Hunter What are your thoughts on that Bushnell scope? How does it handle recoil? I got one and am thinking of putting it on my 458.
Still working on putting a different stock on the rifle. Finished reinforcing the wrist with steel rod and installed forward crossbolt. Should have the rear crossbolt installed today. Then start refinishing the wood. Might have it done next week.
20240327_144133.jpg

20240407_204719.jpg

20240408_161547.jpg

I have some scopes with illuminated reticles but haven't used that feature yet in daytime hunting. It makes sense to better see the aiming point on a cape buffalo. I did use it last year when I had the great fortune to shoot a leopard with Mokore in Zimbabwe at night. I had the illumination turned down low, or so I thought, but when the PH turned the red light on, I couldn't see the cat in the tree. My PH could with his naked eye. The leopard had proved to be skittish and look for a reason to leave the tree before. My PH, Doug Duckworth, was wondering why I hadn't shot yet while I was expecting him to turn the light up, which he already had done. I didn't consider how the small red dot, while not bright, was still enough to kill what natural night vision I had. Doug turned it up some more after we had to chance some whispered communication and it worked out but it was a lesson learned (relearned from past military days). Sorry to stray from the OP's subject some.

They’re difficult to find but…..a CZ550 .375 just sold on GB with one and I have one.

Leupold made a FEW. DANG few 1.5-5x20 VXIII scopes with illuminated center X. 1” tubes. Most you find are unilluminated or illuminated 30mm. Really really scarce but they’re great scopes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianaR92

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !